Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:39 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wonderful score......
Congratulations!!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
one more great news.

Kapslock, congratulations. 750- a great score. after ups and down, finally you are paid off.

i admire your math skills that i want to borrow. however i also scored 50 in math, i couldnot cross 700.

it is really pity to hear passport story. is Pearson VUE going to find terrorists? this is really a sad, hopeless and discouraging practice on the part of new test taker.

goodluck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Rhyme. Thanks Giddi for your wishes. Thanks Zoom !!!

Thanks Prof. You can always IM me to discuss math skills (honestly, I don't think I am great at that - and no, this is not being falsely modest). If you did well at math, yet missed 700, it appears you were a bit off the mark in verbal. Verbal can be worked on - especially if you are a non-native speaker. Though real improvements in verbal are attainable over a period of time through diligent readings, thankfully GMAT doesnt test them. So you would be in good stead soon.

Having said that, you might want to reconsider if 700+ is really your objective. For example, to make it to ASU's evening program, I dont need more than 570-580. Anything more than this is pure ego satisfaction. Even at Harvard, the average GMAT is just about 710.

An admission to a business program is much more than a GMAT score. It includes work experience, leadership, and clear goal orientation and focus. I wish you all the very best in excelling in all of these, to get the school of your choice.

I remember HongHu once said, there're more challanges to life than GMAT alone, and how we wish life was as simple (?) as GMAT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi kapslock,

Congratulations! I can't believe we got the same score in math...I got more than what I deserved and you got less...

Good Luck!!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
All this effort finally paid off. Congrats kapslock!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kapslock

That is a great story and a great reward for you. Congrats!!
You killed the beast and :food it

Yes, for non-native speakers verbals can be tough - but you still nailed it in that short time. I can relate to your story on a few aspects. Maybe you want to look at some other schools beside ASU (meaning higher ranked..) as you have a geniune shot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 601 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kapslock, your's is a great score ..........

Congrats congrats ..

Wish you all the best ..
:king
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
You are the man Kapslock....
Awesome Score.....
Your maths posts were really rocking and almost always correct and your explainaiotns wonderful.
Please continue contributing the quality stuff....

Best of Luck for ur Apps :-D
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great score! Congrats! (Once again it proves how important friends are, isn't it? ;)) Let us know what happens next!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, that's a great effort considering what you went thru in the morning! Congrats & Good Luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Gr8 score. Good to see old timers nailing their GMATs....Congrats!! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks TheArch. No, you deserved the 50 :) So its time to bask in the glory of the 50 and don't talk about whether you deserved it or not !!

Thanks Paul. Yours is quite an inspiration - you've almost always been around - mostly non verbal/quant sections. But its amazing dedication that you display. Its an inspiration. Thanks.

GMATMBA, thanks for yor wishes. You're right, that verbal can pose some issues for non native speakers, but in India, where I hail from, English is so ubiquitous, at least in the urban areas, the argument that you're a non-native speaker is fairly weak. I know this might not be true for many many people from many many countries, like France, Japan and even China, where the native language holds a much stronger position.

Thanks Selene. I appreciate your good wishes.

Gaurav, thanks for the wishes. I did have a fair understanding of maths, and I'd be present in the forum for as long as I can. Its payback time :) Wish you too the best of luck for your apps.

HongHu !! Whoa, I thought you had disappeared. Good to see you back. In trying to trace you, I followed your blogs. No luck though. Your philosophy on life is pretty helpful in facing tough times. Thanks for everything. Did you join UoR? What's going on?

GSR, yes, in retrospect, I do believe that there were great chances that the panic could have spoilt my scores. It probably didn't. Thank Lord for that!! And thank you for good wishes.

Baner, you're another one !! You've been absconding for a while !! Anyway, great to see you too visit the forum sometime. Thanks for your wishes. What're you upto these days?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys,

I think it would be a good idea to share ideas, knowledge, tips, tricks, study material and in general collaborate among each other even when we get into the B-School program. This would help us grow not only preparing for the GMAT, but also when we're studying there, and maybe even after that.

Keeping this in mind, I invite you guys to add me to your messenger. You can add me as kapilsharmax at ya hoo dot com.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome score. Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kapslock wrote:
Guys,

I think it would be a good idea to share ideas, knowledge, tips, tricks, study material and in general collaborate among each other even when we get into the B-School program. This would help us grow not only preparing for the GMAT, but also when we're studying there, and maybe even after that.

Keeping this in mind, I invite you guys to add me to your messenger. You can add me as kapilsharmax at ya hoo dot com.

Yep agree with your suggestion. Already added you to my IM. I am also planning on doing a PT MBA. Still collecting info..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kapslock wrote:
Thanks TheArch. No, you deserved the 50 :) So its time to bask in the glory of the 50 and don't talk about whether you deserved it or not !!

Thanks Paul. Yours is quite an inspiration - you've almost always been around - mostly non verbal/quant sections. But its amazing dedication that you display. Its an inspiration. Thanks.

GMATMBA, thanks for yor wishes. You're right, that verbal can pose some issues for non native speakers, but in India, where I hail from, English is so ubiquitous, at least in the urban areas, the argument that you're a non-native speaker is fairly weak. I know this might not be true for many many people from many many countries, like France, Japan and even China, where the native language holds a much stronger position.

Thanks Selene. I appreciate your good wishes.

Gaurav, thanks for the wishes. I did have a fair understanding of maths, and I'd be present in the forum for as long as I can. Its payback time :) Wish you too the best of luck for your apps.

HongHu !! Whoa, I thought you had disappeared. Good to see you back. In trying to trace you, I followed your blogs. No luck though. Your philosophy on life is pretty helpful in facing tough times. Thanks for everything. Did you join UoR? What's going on?

GSR, yes, in retrospect, I do believe that there were great chances that the panic could have spoilt my scores. It probably didn't. Thank Lord for that!! And thank you for good wishes.

Baner, you're another one !! You've been absconding for a while !! Anyway, great to see you too visit the forum sometime. Thanks for your wishes. What're you upto these days?

Kaps, I am sure u will get into a top 10 program. I wud recommend that u aim higher than ASU as MBA is a big investment and one needs to make sure u r investing in the rite program. As for me, I have been "absconding" for a while. Kinda busy with my transition. I am heading to Wharton full-time program this fall. Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kapslock wrote:

:lol: I came back just so that I can congratulate you. ;) Actually I try to come back every once and while and chip in my two cents occasionaly (in math, obviously :D ). It is good to see people are getting good discussions. As for me, I'm in the Health Service Research program in UR's medical school, and will enter Simon this September. Thanks for remebering me. :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts