Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
michalky wrote:
giddi77 wrote:
Great story! Finally you got what you deserved.

:gl

Thanks .. I am facing one of the less traditional school "clashes" .. INSEAD or Darden .. and while I am inclining toward Darden, there are aspects that make me think INSEAD ..

INSEAD without any doubt unless there are some financial logistics involved that i am not aware of.

INSEAD is a much bigger brand name across the globe versus Darden unless you are only targetting Newyork Market.

INSEAD is the hiring hub of McKenzie for many years, therefore, if you are interested in management consultancy, INSEAD is the best in the world. However, if you are interested in pursuing a career as an investment banker, both darden and INSEAD are not going to help you much, though, Darden has an edge because of its close proximity to NY.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
haddy74 wrote:
michalky wrote:
giddi77 wrote:
Great story! Finally you got what you deserved.

Thanks .. I am facing one of the less traditional school "clashes" .. INSEAD or Darden .. and while I am inclining toward Darden, there are aspects that make me think INSEAD ..

quote]

Hey Haddy,

There shouldn't be any financial logistics involved when you think MBA ..yes, i got a full ride at Darden (80k) but money shouldn't be any issue as you are gonna make it back, very quick.

I am not interested in consulting nor am I interested in a MBA factory -- the characteristics INSEAD seems to possess. Investment banking? Uhm, maybe. Corp world? Maybe. Global company working US/EU - most likely.

I am doing my research quite intensively -- reading journals, diaries, talking to alumni and so far, the biggest reason is "personal feeling" - I just don't get the excitement out of INSEAD when talking with an alumni/current student -- the feeling that makes you think "I WANT IT" -- which is very dissapointing.

So if you take apart the brandname (if I was going for that, I would have applied to HBS etc.), what's so special about INSEAD that makes someone say "YES, I want to have their education" (see I am not saying "Yes, I want to have their brandname on my CV).
:)
Michal
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I can totally understand your point. However, an extensive search of different business schools around the globe has revealed to me that the choice among most elite MBA programs will not likely yield a measurable difference in the mastery of technical and analytical skills. These skills are the hallmark of virtually every accredited program.

In contrast, the concurrent mastery of people-management, leadership, and teaming skills is a greater variable in choosing among competing programs. Furthermore, based on feedback that I have received from some of my seniors who are five, ten and more years removed from their MBA studies, I have concluded that the quality and quantity of lasting personal relationships are the ultimate enduring values of an MBA experience. That is what I demand from an MBA program and that is what, I believe, INSEAD will provide you. INSEAD is much more international and diverse as compared to Darden. Again, these are only my views and one does not have to agree with them.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]