Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 601 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
670 is a decent score so first of all no need to be that much sad ..

If you aim to get higher, I advise you to settle what you need to focus on more as you took the test twice now and you know yourself best. I am sure you can improve your score..

Don't give up :good
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
first of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :lol:

you did great!!!!

I am not sure what score you were aiming for, but is 670 that bad???
please do not see the cup half empty, but half full...

good luck....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1480 [0]
Send PM
Re: 670(Q50, v31) Second attempt ....failure [#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:
Got 670 (Q50, V30)

it was kind of shock when I just couldn't concentrate on ANY question, not because of the difficulty level, but because of the .....i don't know.... just as if my brains refused to obey:)

Regards,
Dilshod

Buddy, I used to experience the same to you ..i know how it feels. To remedy it, I try to convince myself not to care too much about how many scores i will get ( i mean the result) but to feel that by going through all these RCs and CRs, I'm gaining more knowledge and critical skills ( those RCs all are extracted from good pieces of writing as we know). I know you're really sufficient :) ..it's just that you should overcome your own psychological setbacks ..again, practise a lot to make yourself smell of correct answers with better and better accuracy ( achieving this sense+ intuition = be able to get correct answers even in rushing condition)

Btw, do you often find your performance lower under subtle conditions such as the change of displaying a passage ( they're spreaded horizontally in those 1000 RCs, CRs, but lengthened vertically in the format of real GMAT) ...or the monitor screen ( my real GMAT computer was put to high from my eyesights --> this made me feel very overwhelmed! Also, the i'm more used to the curved screens than flat ones) ..those may be mental elements which can cause you to less focus.

Anyways, just figure out what's wrong and correct it. You'll make it, buddy!!:) Good lucks ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Re: 670(Q50, v31) Second attempt ....failure [#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:
Got 670 (Q50, V30)
I will post my experience later. Now, I have to make up my mind, as to whether I should continue my efforts to raise my score by at least 30 points, or it is useless.

I think it's a good score!
7 years ago I took the gmat. I didn't like the score I got... Now I am back to the game. I know you would feel very disappointed. Your score is steady and it's very close to 700. You may have a better shot next time. I wish all the best for you.

*Did you eat some snacks between each test? It might help...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
670 is a good score friend. Don't worry at all. Your Quant score will help you market yourself like anything.

Congratulations!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Hi ALL,
Vivek123, sng, acfuture, selene, u2lover, Ps_dahiya and others...
Thanks a lot for kind words. I utterly needed them:).

sng
No I didn't eat anything nor did I sleep. But it was OK, since the same was on my first attempt.

Laxieqv
the changes in testing condtions didn't affect me that much. it is the Test itself that made me uncomfortable.:)

Acfuture
I know, 670 is not that bad, BUT i am a very 'weak' in terms of WE, e.g., i'm 22 and by the time of applying my full time experience would be only 1.5 years and i should say that my background is also not very impressive. That is why I was hoping to compensate it by higher than average score.

Now to my testing experience:

My test was schedueled for 12.00. I arrived to the testing centre 11.30.
Begun the test on 11.50.

AWA:
nothing to say. I didn't prepare for it at all, since the school i'm applying to claims that AWA scores are not considered.
Wrote what i could, just not to leave empty spaces.

Quant:
don't know how, but I was 7 minutes late for the quant, so you can imagine my surprise when i saw 68 minutes instead of 75.:) But since, it was often for me to end the quant section 15-20 minutes ealrlier (except in challenges), it was not a big deal for me.
The questions:
first of all don't believe that first 10 questions are the ones that make your score. I'm almost sure that all of my mistakes were on the first 10 questions. and I'm sure i got first 2 incorrect. Moreover, guessed on 5 and 7. The probability that i got them right is 1/25(1/5*1/5).:)
Second, don't believe that Pearson gmat emphasizes on number properties questions. It didn't work, at least not for me.
Believe it or not, but 12-15 out of 37 quesions were word problems, most of them having a huge and awkward wording. Since i'm not native speaker, it was my weakest area because it took me a lot of time just to translate and inderstand them. i've got 4 word problems right in the first row.
Other questions were mostly on plane coordinates, geometry(DS), 2 easy prob, 1 medium comb, 2 mixture, 1 rate problem, one modules DS(hard one), and 3-5 number theory questions.
My estimate is that I've made about 5-7 mistakes, but still managed to get 50. So my advice is not to become too obsessed with the mistakes, but try to solve correctly as much as possible. Don't panic if you see a hard one at the beginning. If you can't solve it, or if you feel that it will take a lot of hard-thinking - don't waste your energy, leave it and don't think about it. you can afford making several mistakes.
I ended the section 6 minutes earlier. Overall, the questions were not very tricky but rather tough and invloved alot of calculations. So, don't spend your time solving a lot of easy questions. it may ruin your expectations on the real test. Instead, do as many hard questions as possible under timed conditions. Get used to work under pressure - the GMAT Challenges are the best assistants.

Verbal:
This time i was on time. the first question was easy SC. I think I got it right. 2-5 were CRs. Thats where I felt that i'm getting tired. the CRs didn't seem to be difficult. Much easier than LSAT questions(BTW, after a lot of practicing my hit rate for LSAT questions was around 80-90% ). The arguments and question stems were easy to understand, but when I begun looking through the choices, i realized that it was not my day - I couldn't think, though i didn't panic at all! it is like as if my ability to think left me on my 4th question, leaving me with nothing but bare intuiton. I still can't understand how I managed to score 31, it should have been somewhere between 23-25. I think SC helped me, cause all other CRs and RCs were guess play. paradox is that SC was always my weakest area while I was much stronger in CR and RC.
Overall, it was my worst verbal experience. Hope it will not occur again in my next attempt.

In the conclusion, i would like to thank again all you people who actively participate here in Forum - you are doing a GREAT JOB. you are of a great help for all of us who are otherwise wouldn't even dare to dream about high scores. I found GMATClub to be one of the best if not the best web-rescources for studying GMAT, and I will definatelly recommend it to all my friends. It is a great chance for anyone to become an element of such a wonderfull community. Thank you.

P.S.: I'm going to stick to this forum for at least a month. Hope, my next post will start with: 3rd attempt ...got 7XX - happy end!!!!

Best Regards,
Dilshod
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
dilshod..gud luck and congrats...

so jus how was ur experience different from the ETS vs VUE?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Hi freshinha12,

ETS VS VUE:

Quant
VUE is harder. Not a single straight forward question. Too many wordy PS questions in the beginning of the quant ate all my rescources. other questions were not that hard, but I've got at least 2 modulus inequality DSs which I found impossible to solve in the alloted time.

Verbal:
Honestly, I can't say anything about verbal portion. it was like a blur. i cannot remember a single question, except that i got 1 bold-face in the end. Sorry....

So, what about you?
have you already taken the GMAT?
What was your scores

Good luck
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
dilshod: i never retook my gmat...i got into Columbia GSB execMBA in Jan...so had my hands full for the Jan term...thinking of switching to full time...hopefully will redo my gmat to improve chances of getting admit into full time program,.

Dilshod wrote:
Hi freshinha12,

ETS VS VUE:

Quant
VUE is harder. Not a single straight forward question. Too many wordy PS questions in the beginning of the quant ate all my rescources. other questions were not that hard, but I've got at least 2 modulus inequality DSs which I found impossible to solve in the alloted time.

Verbal:
Honestly, I can't say anything about verbal portion. it was like a blur. i cannot remember a single question, except that i got 1 bold-face in the end. Sorry....

So, what about you?
have you already taken the GMAT?
What was your scores

Good luck
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
freshinha12

what was your score?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
GMAT 3: 640
Send PM
[#permalink]
great score)congrats!I am amased with your quant rate
what about testing center itself?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Don't lose heart and most importantly hope.
Believe in yourself.....rest will follow!!

BTW 670 is a good score...... :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
670 is a good score! What score is required for your BS?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
DIl i had a 640....but i think more than anything in exec-mba...they look for people with experience and accomplishments..unlike in full time where they look for numbers...

my class avg age is 40...avg experience 15yrs...I am prbly one of a handful with 8 yrs...I really feel the odd one out in my group..the "kid" in the group..which..is not what i want..

Dilshod wrote:
freshinha12

what was your score?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
[#permalink]
Yurik79 wrote:

thanks.
test centre was nice. Proctor was a polite young man. Though not very experienced (it was him who forgot to click "yes" to "wanna break" button).

if you are goign to take the test this summer, you'd better get used to BK air-condioner noise:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
GMAT 3: 640
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:
Yurik79 wrote:

thanks.
test centre was nice. Proctor was a polite young man. Though not very experienced (it was him who forgot to click "yes" to "wanna break" button).

if you are goign to take the test this summer, you'd better get used to BK air-condioner noise:)

))thanks for a hint about BK aircon))
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts