Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:33 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 384 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 497 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Praetorian,
I thought i was the only one who likes a cloudy day,until i read your post!! :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 782 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I love blizzards, rain, snow and clouds as well... makes me want to wrap myself into a nice blanket and read a book :read or watch a movie... speaking of which... anyone wants to present their list of favorite movies?

I like the moview that make me think, but sometimes watch the regular Hollywood happy-ending chick flicks... not very often though. Here is a couple of movies I like

The English Patient
Cache (recent French production... vague ending... many in the US didn't like it)
The Schindler's List (very powerful ending as well as the whole picture)
The Emperor's Club
and other classics...

please feel free to continue the list of must-see pictures...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Inspirational Moments!!! [#permalink]
Gauss wrote:
WhaT are the moments of life that inspire u the most,... i just noticed how beautiful and amazing is waking up early in the morning (is sunday) and looking the peace that comes from the outside while the sum rise,.... I forgot recently some of those moments how important... tx praet that u reminded me that the other day.......

... which are then for u moments that give joy, and inspire during the day....

agree, early summer morning and smell of fresh cut gras..., if you slept well and enough :bouncer
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
when you slept well and enough life is fantastish.... I also fee inspired during/ after summer thunderstorm.. It is something special - just power of the nature ... and then fresh air, clean transparent air, and you just felt you have been newly born... Das ist Fantastish...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i love it when there is a dark thunderstorm and the clouds are very grey and it is very windy but it is NOT raining....its just those moments before that rain comes..

i love a good chat with a good friend!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
I love rain. Almost all the time when it rains on the weekends, I ride my mountain bike to a grassy field and enjoy the feeling of rain drops falling on my face.

What I love most about the rain is the smell of first rain of the reason or rain after few weeks of a dry spell.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually I'm surprised by your answers; I never thought that MBA-aspirants do things like that. Climbing mountains, sailing, golf etc.; that are the things they do, I thought.

Personally I adore thunderstorms. Egally if it is warm or cold, lying in the grass, being touched by thousands of little hands on my face and skin, listening to the reverberation of the thunder, devoting oneself to the power of nature, a nature that one tries to control or better to use for personal and collective needs, a nature you're essentially dependend of, generally and in this moment, in which one strike can bring you down.

After that, wet and shivery, you're mind is freed from heavy thoughts, the many tiny problems that make you confuse, and you're left with nothing else than you.

It's exactly the feeling, while and after the storm, people know who make extremesports.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
This thread is becoming interesting!

OK, this is kinda weird for a guy, but I love a good romantic movie.

Same goes for epic themes. The Last Samurai is one of my favorites.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 86 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
like cloudy days, especially early in the morning when I go out for my jog, I simply love those rain drops drop on my face when I jog..and if there's a cool breeze blowing along with it, it gets even better..also like the smell of the earth when it has just rained, I think it is the best perfume on earth !!

speaking of good movies...Shawshank Redemption, Schindler's List, Dennis the Menace, Chocolat (French), Gladiator...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
No feeling can match the early morning freshness on a cloudy day.
The scent rejuvenates my senses like none other. I just like running till I'm exhausted and then when after a short rest I am back to my feet, its the same excitement again.

Also, there's the winter when u r cozy in ur blanket with a hot piping coffe or tea and a good movie playing along. Speaking of which, here's a list of my all time favourite movies :

Gladiator ,Ghost ,LOTR , Schindler's List ,Cindrella Man ,A.I ,Notting Hill (seen 12 times already) ,When Harry met Sally, City Of Angels, Face-Off......
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
My Faves
The Ghost and the Darkness
Pirates of the Carribean
Braveheart
Gladiator
The English Patient
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 384 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I love a lot the movies of kubrik, I have started to enjoy them only recently after a while at the beginning where very hard to understand but then u can get understand how deep they go.
He really ws a great movie maker.... unfortunatelly is gone now.....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 269 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
To me what motivates me is my yesterday! If I really did great yesterday I just want to repeat it-- work out till I get tired; work at job and resolve tough issues and work so hard that my eyes start popping; great dinner and time with family followed by some volunteering work some days (At present I simply read my “ASHA for Educationâ€
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]