Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 260 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Do the LSAT books. And reread the Kaplan book if you have it.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
RC advices have been given in many posts previously under "share your experience". If you went through the OG and got 80% right on average, you should be fine. When you read, focus. Read the paragraph and skim the details, especially for science passages which are filled with technical terms that you will not need unless required by a specific question. After each paragraph, you should get a grasp of what you just read. Keep track of cue words such as however, for example, similarly as they will give you a hint about what the intention of the author or what is about to come next. One thing that helped me for RC was to read out loud as it allowed me to better understand what I just read. It may not work for everyone though.
As for CR, you should just keep practicing them. The problems on this board are very good. Go through the ones in the OG although I would say that those are not particularly hard, except for a few maybe. Practice Kaplan's CR. I think the ones in Kaplan 800 will give you a good framework for what is seeked for in CR. I think that I reached a plateau with CR and I will instead just focus on the math part. Remember that math is more important than verbal and it will give you more points for your final score. Practice and remember the basics for probabilities as it will allow you to reach the high forties for math and increase your score substantially. You have plenty of time so don't stress out. I just can't tell you enough how much important stress control is important because even though you are very bright, being stressed will kill you in the exam. There was a post earlier about someone being so stressed that she/he had to leave the exam room to puke...this definitely affected her/his score downward. Be sure you get enough sleep the night before :). My exam is in 2 days so as I write this to you, it allows me to listen to my innerself talking. Good luck. Just my 2cents.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
well Paul,
The person who had to go to the bathroom during the exam was me.I surely screwed my exam because of stress.
I don't have much problem with math(I recently got 47 in quant when I took te Gmat in December). I am starting LSAT CR but it is tough and each question gets more time than GMAt question.
Thanks for the advice .
All the best in your exam :-D
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]