Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:49 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 782 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow ... had a blast reading this...things just got better and better with every reply, and then the twist ... just like a bollywood movie :)

..also I think the max you get is 51, one can't get V52
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I had thought about doing the fake 800 score thing as a joke, but would of course never do it... it's immature and wrong on multiple levels. Hope this guy got a kick out of it... it's kindof like a serial killer who brags about his/her work... in the effort to disguise the crime, mistakes are made and the truth is finally revealed. If nothing else, this provided a little excitement to the forum I guess. For all the real folks aiming for 700+, stay the course!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 782 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'd be happy to find out who this soccer comedian from Intel Folsom plant is... and even though Folsom's campus is huge, it will be easy to discover who is Indian Soccer Captain there... :lol:

it will be even more hilarious if they don't have a soccer team :twisted:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
[#permalink]
Hi indiansoccer007,

Amazing - just wanted to congratulate you. haven't got the time to read the topic(3 pages in 1 day!!!) but I guess everybody is shocked as i am%)

But you rock!!!
i've never thought that anyone can score that high. you did it. 52 on verbal - I thought it is impossible. Guess I was wrong.

Could you please, share how did you prepared for verbal. And what was your score breakdown when you got 690.

thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:
Hi indiansoccer007,

Amazing - just wanted to congratulate you. haven't got the time to read the topic(3 pages in 1 day!!!)

You better read it and don't wait for answer from him, he's a shameless lyer
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Send PM
Re: Just got my score! 800 Q51 V52 [#permalink]
what a funny story!!

hey, come forward and make things clear.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
Re: Just got my score! 800 Q51 V52 [#permalink]
I doubt if thats going to happen...

It would be better if the moderators mark this thread something to indicate that this is not a verifiable score..

MA wrote:
what a funny story!!

hey, come forward and make things clear.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
talking about Quant 52 , I heard that friend of my friend in college
who got 720 get Q 52 but I'm not so sure about this since
I'm not her close friend.

I think in order to know limit score on each section
anyone who try many times on GMATPREP can do by
answering every question right ( which I think it's not too hard if
you already know all answers) and see the result
I have ever try this software in Q section
even 1 mistake it still give 51 score on Q
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ahem...

MOST ENJOYABLE POST....

Ever.

I read his first post this morning and was amazed, and sadly inspired.

Sure enough when I returned home I read everything from his meditation tricks, to him finally messing everything up with the "Question 38". As you probably know, he is most likely pleasuring himself right this moment at the attention he is receiving. ahhhh, God Bless the internet...
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sgrover wrote:
Agree with you guys (haas, u2lover, dahiya .)
there are far too many loopholes --

- confusion abt prev. scores (680, 690, 720 ???)
- AWA (this is the biggest blunder)
- GMAT center
- Alone in the center while applying
- Q38 in maths (good catch, dahiya!)

Not sure why would someone do this ?

A few more additions to the list of inconsistencies:

- His written grammar skills DO NOT reflect those of an 800 level scorer. One would expect impeccable (or at least highly fluent) verbal written skills from someone of such "high caliber." Reread his posts and notice how atrociously he writes... Sorry, but not even worthy of a 3.5 on the AWA that he supposedly "immediately" received. :? :? :?

- Why wouldn`t such a "genius" be a bit more modest about which schools he intends to apply to? It goes without saying that H/S/W/K are the best, so why does he insist that he is "flying down to visit them next week?" :? Incidentally, H/S/W/K denies 800 scorers all the time, and would care less about accomodating his visit until an interview invite has been sent out (usually in late winter or spring, but NEVER during summer!) after reviewing his entire application. :lol: :lol:

- Notice how he has only a handful of posts under his nick :shock: That's not to say that one must be a club CEO in order to crack the almighty 800, but generally people who make such an achievement have put in the time and done their homework. Most 700+ scorers in this forum have made at least 500+ posts.

- And finally, why hasn`t "Mr. Genius" refuted any of the claims made against him so far? Why has he suddenly vanished? :? :?

I can understand a "harmless white lie" from time to time, but until we see some hard evidence, IMO this guy clearly has some psychological issues. What a hoax!! How dare you shame the Bhagvad Gita! And from the rest of us here at the club who legitimately work hard to score even a 700, you can kiss our :butt

Originally posted by GMATT73 on 04 Aug 2006, 21:14.
Last edited by GMATT73 on 05 Aug 2006, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:

A few more additions to the list of inconsistencies:

- His written grammar skills DO NOT reflect those of an 800 level scorer. One would expect impeccable (or at least highly fluent) verbal written skills from someone of such "high caliber." Reread his posts and notice how atrociously he writes... Sorry, but not even worthy of a 3.5 on the AWA that he supposedly "immediately" received. :? :? :?

- Why wouldn`t such a "genius" be a bit more modest about which schools he intends to apply to? It goes without saying that H/S/W/K are the best, so why does he insist that he is "flying over to visit them next week?" :? Incidentally, H/S/W/K denies 800 scorers all the time, and would care less about accomodating his visit until an interview invite has been sent out (usually in late winter or spring, but NEVER during summer!) after reviewing his entire application. :lol: :lol:

- Notice how he has only a handful of posts under his nick :shock: That's not to say that one must be a club CEO in order to crack the almighty 800, but generally people who make such an achievement have put in the time and done their homework. Most 700+ scorers in this forum have made at least 500+ posts. Even the guru himself Shawn Berry, who verifyibly HAS scored an 800 https://www.perfectgmat.com/shawns.html claims that it took him (and most people) at least 10,000+ practice problems to begin to think like the test makers and be able to "decode" the problems.

- And finally, why hasn`t "Mr. Genius" refuted any of the claims made against him so far? Why has he suddenly vanished? :? :?

I can understand a "harmless white lie" from time to time, but until we see some hard evidence, IMO this guy clearly has some psychological issues. What a hoax!! How dare you shame the Bhagvad Gita! And from the rest of us here at the club who legitimately work hard to score even a 700, you can kiss our :butt

Excellent dissection of his posts. !!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
moderators,

this post has been a great fun for most of the active members. it really gave a break to all of us. moreover, it also provided us an oppertunity to implement CR, SC, RC and Qt strategies. thanks dude.

therefore, isn't it a good idea to move this post to "what on your mind" so that it will be an ever lasting fun?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Look like this post is quite dubious. Thanks to the panelists for pointing so. I congratulated him witout reading all the posts. Now I'm forced to edit my entry,

Incidentally I don't recall reading about anyone (in any of the major forums e.g TM, ST, BW, SC etc.) getting an 800!

Wow!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 86 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I actually fell for this indian soccer guy's claim at first and I had great thoughts about his ability and caliber. Indiansoccer007, I'm not sure if you're still following this thread but let me tell you do not have the maturity to behave in a responsible manner. We are not sure why you did this in the first place. Surely Mister, looking at your maturity I dont think any of the bschools are suitable for you leave alone H/S/W..and after all this you have the audacity to use the words "Indian" and the "Bhagvad Gita" in your posts. You better come out of that closet of yours and face all of us- that way you will indeed follow the Gita. Let me tell you one more thing- it isvery easy for each one of us to be brave while we are "anonymous"..so you'd better come out clean on this.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
indiansoccer007 wrote:
Folks,
I'll be going out for a few days for camping and take a breather.
Also planning next strategic moves for Stanford and Harvard. Probably will fly down to Harvard to meet the faculty and start engagement, assuming they are back from vacations.

Yet another inconsistency:

How can one "fly down" to Harvard from Fair Oaks/Northern California (or at least that is where you claimed to have taken the test)?? :? :? :shock: :shock:

Any map of the US clearly indicates that California is due west, not north, of Boston, Massachussetts. So where are you living "Mr. Genius?" The only place you could "fly down" to would be So Cal or Mexico. Seems like a better place to hide, rather than visit an ultra elite b-school. :lol:
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
This guy should change his nick to "pathologicalliar007"

Originally posted by GMATT73 on 05 Aug 2006, 06:39.
Last edited by GMATT73 on 05 Aug 2006, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6