Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah, it's going to be my first year on the job market. I'm graduating from undergrad in May, and kind of have to fend for myself. I'll send out my resume and see how it works out.

Good luck on the retake. I'm sure you'll do great. When I finished my first test, I remember being so relieved that it took me another five months to get back to a test center. It wasn't worth the wait for me personally. You sound like you're already getting some work in directly after the test. It'll pay off.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Reading Comprehension [#permalink]
First off congratulations on your score, I am sure you will improve with just a few weeks of study.

I am shooting for a similar score, my biggest problems seems to be reading comprehension. If you don't mind me asking, what techniques did you use as well as which resources.

Thanks,

wiseguy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wiseguy, I did not use a lot of official study guides for the reading comprehension. I read the kaplan strategy but did not find it very helpful. I found that in order to fully understand the passage you can't just skim it and get the general idea as the kaplan strategy indicates. While you do not have to understand every little detail it is extremely important to understand why examples were introduced and you have to have a fairly good understanding of what the author is saying. If at all possible you should try to become interested in what you are reading and try to make it relevant to you as doing this will make the passage easier to understand.

In order to prepare for the reading comp and critical reasoing I have been reading the newspaper as well as numerous online articles. Most of the articles I've read take a position on a controversial issue and while I'm reading I evaluate the author's argument and the examples he uses to prove his point. I also read a novel for about 45 minutes before going to bed.

Besides doing these things, I also made sure to understand the types of questions I'm going to be asked about the passage during the gmat. You can find the questions types in most of the gmat prep books. I did a few practice tests from kaplan, arco, the online princeton review, and powerprep to make sure what I was doing was working. I hope this information is helpful.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts