Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
UCLA Anderson Response? [#permalink]
[message unavailable]

Originally posted by gradschoolapplicant on 27 Oct 2006, 11:15.
Last edited by gradschoolapplicant on 25 Aug 2017, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
The questions by themselves weren't tricky, it was just that there were a ton of follow up questions and no visual feedback. I read at accepted.com's website that some of the admissions directors at Anderson are notorious for being rude and probing..I hope that I did well and didn't blow it. I have a strong profile and good essays..waiting to hear some good news from Anderson !

citalfo wrote:
i was just about to ask if anyone had interviewed on campus yet. i have scheduled mine for next month.

did they ask any tricky questions? how long was it? did you do anything else while on campus (eg go to a class, take a tour, etc.)? if so, how was it? i just went to an information session and the staff seemed friendly.

Originally posted by lhotseface on 27 Oct 2006, 11:23.
Last edited by lhotseface on 31 Jan 2007, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
guess it all depends on the interviewer.... [#permalink]
my on-campus interview was very informal and pleasant. i had an alumnus and it almost felt like i was talking to someone at a social gathering - very comfortable and no structure. just natural conversation back and forth. we had some similarities in our career backgrounds. after about 35 minutes, he looks down at his watch, and then starts fumbling through his papers and says, "oh man, we're out of time, and i was supposed to ask you all these questions...." and then just kind of shrugged it off since we had a good chat anyways. he seemed very passionate about anderson and his career as well.
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: guess it all depends on the interviewer.... [#permalink]
Oh well, looks like I bombed it.

WBF wrote:
my on-campus interview was very informal and pleasant. i had an alumnus and it almost felt like i was talking to someone at a social gathering - very comfortable and no structure. just natural conversation back and forth. we had some similarities in our career backgrounds. after about 35 minutes, he looks down at his watch, and then starts fumbling through his papers and says, "oh man, we're out of time, and i was supposed to ask you all these questions...." and then just kind of shrugged it off since we had a good chat anyways. he seemed very passionate about anderson and his career as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lhotseface wrote:

WBF wrote:

i wouldnt' draw that conclusion at all. i've read on accept.com about anderson's interview reviews, and it seems like the responses vary so much. some interviewers are real tough, and some are very casual. depends a bit on luck of the draw i suppose.

you didn't happen to interview on "super saturday" by any chance?
Director
Director
Send PM
No, I went on a regular business day. There were only two other candidates.

WBF wrote:
lhotseface wrote:

WBF wrote:

i wouldnt' draw that conclusion at all. i've read on accept.com about anderson's interview reviews, and it seems like the responses vary so much. some interviewers are real tough, and some are very casual. depends a bit on luck of the draw i suppose.

you didn't happen to interview on "super saturday" by any chance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Just adding my 2 cents on interview experience...

I interviewed with Linda Baldwin about a month ago and must say overall experience was very pleasant.
Definately very very conversational. In fact, she did a big portion of the speaking.
The only questions asked were:
Why UCLA
what would your collegaues say in regards to your interpersonal style
what interpersonal skill is a weakness
anything else youd like to tell me (follwed by what do you do outside of work)

I have a background in running a family business involving textiles/manufacturing in China. I mentioned entrepreneuship/ globalization as the major draw of UCLA and seemed to hit it on the spot with this topic. We delved into how globalization is really changing the way business is done nowadays, and how it is really just in its beginning stages. She mentioned that people like myself were paving the way for future generations..something I took to be a good sign.

We spoke about the business competition that they run, we talked about the cultures of certain consulting companies (my post mba goal) and how I would not fit into such and such but that I might better fit this or that company.

In a way I feel lucky to have been interviewed by her ( not sure if there is a way to choose your interviewer). She was very warm and friendly and it was definaltey and exchange of info.

We spoke for about 40 minutes and she gave me the impression that had there not been a time limit, we couldve kept talking for another 30 minutes. There were several more detailed example that I wouldve liked to address.

The interview was held in her office, much better than the windowless interrogation style room that I expected.

Prior to entering the room, you are asked to fill out a card which asks for basic info: gpa, gmat, etc...
If you flip the card, you will find the basic questions that the interviewer is supposed to have answered after the interview.
She took notes during the interview and filled up the entire back of my resume.

Cant say much about other admin staff...but if you have the option, definately interview with her. If you have the chance to make an impression on either a 2nd year or the admissions director, I think the choice is clear.
GMAT Club Bot