Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
R2 here.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am applying R2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
R2 here I come.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
R1 here. Interview Done
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
R1. Interview this Friday
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Round uno. Interview complete.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
me too for R2.
(Hopefully I don't chicken out)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Rhyme, Pulle this off of Accepted.com in reference to your comment that 2 out of 3 interviewee's wiil be accepted.

This Question was about the amount of app's and acceptances from found 1.

RoseMartinelliGSB (Oct 16, 2006 10:21:30 AM)
Anurag -- Typically we get around 1500 applications and the amount of students admitted has more to do with quality than with anything else. I imagine we'll admit around 300 if the quality is there. It all depends...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhmcjen wrote:
Rhyme, Pulle this off of Accepted.com in reference to your comment that 2 out of 3 interviewee's wiil be accepted.

This Question was about the amount of app's and acceptances from found 1.

RoseMartinelliGSB (Oct 16, 2006 10:21:30 AM)
Anurag -- Typically we get around 1500 applications and the amount of students admitted has more to do with quality than with anything else. I imagine we'll admit around 300 if the quality is there. It all depends...

I said 2 to3 out of the 5 on this list would be accepted, not 2 out of 3... which corresponds to 2 out of 5 interviewed... not 2 out of 3... i think you just misread.

1500 applicants, roughly 50% interviwed ... ~ 750 interviewed, roughly 300 accept - which is 2 out of 5 interviewed - a 40% accept rate for those interviewed, and an overall 20% accept.

Working with our numbers - all five of us had interviews, so were past that 50% mark, thus, keeping the rame ratios (40% of interviewed are accepted), 2 out of the 5 of us who applied should be accepted.

In other words, of the five R1's listed here, statistically, only 2 of us will get in.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good thing accurate reading and interpretation are not necessary skills in my job....HA. I reread and am now clear.....so....what he said :arrow:
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I recall that she said during an info session that typically the admit rate is slightly higher in R1 because the quality of applications are slightly higher (those that have been preparing diligently for 2 or 3 years will certainly apply early). The admit rate for R2 is slightly lower but the quality of the admitted applicants in either round should be about equal.

If you got an interview in the first round, that means you survived the first round of swimming with the sharks. It should be a good sign.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good information. That makes sense. Pelihu, maybe you covered this somewhere else, but if got into both UCLA and Chi GSB where would you go?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
are there any statistics for how many get waitlisted at GSB?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
R2 Man!
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhmcjen wrote:
Good information. That makes sense. Pelihu, maybe you covered this somewhere else, but if got into both UCLA and Chi GSB where would you go?

I would go to Chicago in that case. To me there is too much of a gap in quality (real and perceived) between Chicago and UCLA. The really dilemma for me will probably be with Berkeley, if I get in, as compared to higher ranked schools, if I get in to any of those. Berkeley is about 20 miles from where I live now. Plus I plan to work in California after finishing and the Berkeley brand name travels well here. I also view in-state tuition and easy access to the local job market (and LA) as major positives. Finally, I won't need to worry about my dogs.

Unfortunately, Berkeley is just about as competitive as most of the schools ranked above, so I may not have a decision to make in the end.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sounds like Berkely is perfect for your circumstances and expectations. Where are you applying that would tempt you away from cali? It seems like you would be taken on a great deal of expense by moving your entire life for the school.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhmcjen wrote:
Sounds like Berkely is perfect for your circumstances and expectations. Where are you applying that would tempt you away from cali? It seems like you would be taken on a great deal of expense by moving your entire life for the school.

Well, the problem is that, as mentioned above, getting admitted to Berkeley is anything but a sure thing. There's some speculation that Berkeley is currently more difficult to get into than Kellogg or Chicago and certainly the admit percentages back this up (18% for Berkeley compared with 24% for Kellogg and a speculated 25-30% for Chicago). In any case, I can't plan my future by counting on an admit there.

I have close ties to Michigan (I got my JD there) and I'd be very comfortable there; and I'd certainly be happy to attend any of the ultra-elites (I'm applying to Chicago, Kellogg, Wharton, Columbia & maybe Stanford). Since none of these schools is an "easy-admit", I will be adding some backups; probably UCLA & Duke, but Cornell & Darden remain possibilities.

Given my personal situation, Stanford would be a dream but I really don't think I'm getting in - in fact I don't really think about it much. From a personal standpoint Berkeley would be tops, but I'd have to weigh that against the benefits of some of the other choices - provided that I have any choices to make in the end.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2