Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i'll also apply for same round...right now working on my essays..why don't we introduce oursevel;
To start:

I am Utkarsh

An Indian Natinal

From IT industry

More than 3 Yrs of experience

GMAT- 730(Q-50, V-38)

TOEFL iBT- 107/120
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah, I applied R1. I actually went to visit and didn't like it very much, surprisingly. The students weren't quite as friendly as at other schools. I'd still go in a heartbeat though.

Here are my stats: 730, 3.6, 4 years work exp in operations for investment firm, CFA, Manager, no community service.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I also didn't really like the students. I've only visited one other school, UCLA, and UCLA's students were way more friendly.

I got an arrogant type of energy from the Berkeley students.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree. I got the same feeling, however I know a first year student there who is very nice and seems to love it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree. I got the same feeling, however I know a first year student there who is very nice and seems to love it.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Have you guys seen how much Haas's applications have been rising? I could be mistaken on these numbers, but I believe that last year it went from 2100 to 2800 applicants for about 400-500 acceptances (and about half of the acceptances actually end up attending). So it has to be more than 3 grand applicants this year. It's gonna take some luck.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
well for MFE.. i dont get much response back from the school at all.. no emails, no telephone calls, they dont reply to anything!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hmmm. Your input is quite discouraging... :?

Still, I think I'll proceed with the app. I can always turn them down AFTER they admit me. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've been looking at berkeley but it appears too competitive for the amount of work needed to complete the apps. I find the question regarding what steps I took to get to know the haas program a bit difficult. it seems that if you dont visit, you are already a step behind other applicants. How are you guys handling this?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
The only reason I visited the school was to answer that question.

If you live in CA and don't visit the school, I think you are 1 step behind, but if you live on the east coast, I don't think you're that behind.

Is it just me, or is does Berkeley have more essay quesitons than other schools?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just submitted my application. Whew!!!

This is my 1st of 4 and it was a lot of work. I kept making adjustments right till the very end.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
homefry wrote:
I just submitted my application. Whew!!!

This is my 1st of 4 and it was a lot of work. I kept making adjustments right till the very end.

wow...congrats. I for one decided to submit mine in Round 3 as I dont know much about the school yet to answer that question above. Other essays were all done though. Didn't want to submit a weaker app and regret later.

1000th post baby ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i am going to submit mine today...

i also haven't visited the school and the question about the "familiarization process" stumped me too....i have formulated a response pointing the usual suspects...web/online journals/website...and an alumnus...managed to catch hold of one...
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Have any R1'ers received an interview invite yet? Starting to get a little worried...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
naturallight wrote:
Have any R1'ers received an interview invite yet? Starting to get a little worried...

I got a feeling of a lack of admission process for MFE application.. Hopefully MBA is lot better.. I would not worry... They seem to take their own time
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
naturallight wrote:

I got a feeling of a lack of admission process for MFE application.. Hopefully MBA is lot better.. I would not worry... They seem to take their own time

I got that feeling too with the full-time MBA app. I post on their forums and it takes them 5-8 days just to respond to a simple question.

This was even before the R1 deadline. Very slow to respond.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just got an email saying they had released their first batch of interview requests. However, they said they review the apps in random order, so the timing of your interview request is not indicative of where you stand with them. Still, can't be a good sign to not have received a request yet.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6