Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
Re: Waitlisted at Darden [#permalink]
Ozmba2006 wrote:
OasisNYK wrote:
I woke up early to check my status and I have been waitlisted - I already responded and added myself to the list.

Any ideas what to do next?

Wish you good luck

I am not an admit, but have seen one of my friend clearing waitlist@GSB, will explain on how did he went about the whole process

1. Checked with adcom to see if they offer any feedback for waitlist

2. He read his essays, sought feedback from consultants/Students( from GSB ) and identified the weakness in his essays and also in his profile

3. Wrote an Essay ,stating his interest for GSB and tried to mitigate the weakness in his essays

4. Visited the school and met students to demonstrate interest

He has put hell a lot of effort than he did for the initial application

End: He is in class of 2008 GSB now

cheers

That's an archetypical example of not letting a golden opportunity slip. I admire people who fight tooth and nail to get in the hard the hard way.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I guess getting waitlisted is a lot better than getting dinged. Contragt!
So you should definitely make the post of the opportunity. What Ozmba said is probably a great start. If you know alumni/students at Darden, you may want to speak to them as well.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
There are a number of guides that suggest things to do when waitlisted. I get the feeling that a lot of people will be waitlisted at various schools this year, as Adcoms get a feel for the change in application volume. I have heard that Darden is fairly receptive to additional contact - just don't overdo it. Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah I get the feeling a lot of people will be waitlisted too this year. Personally I don't view the waitlist as a bad thing - its not good, but it shows they are interested. I just have more work to do to get in.

I am willing to do what it takes to convince them and I am working on it as we speak. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

I am sure they question my quant abilitiy, and I will complete the first level of accounting after I take the final this weekend - so I can update them with my grade. Beyond that I am not really sure what I can do - explain my recommendations a little (I did not get one fro my supervisor because it would definitely affect my career, and during the process I was given a promotion which I probably would not have gotten if she knew I was planning on leaving). Outside of that I dont have much else to report - I am taking more classes in the spring which I have enrolled for but Darden is aware of that.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's a good plan. Address your weaknesses with the class, and keep in contact to make sure they know you are interested, but don't pester them. Getting waitlisted means they are considering you seriously. I guess it will just take some luck and patience at this point. If overall application volume does not meet their projections, they might end up admitting a lot of people from the waitlist.

Which brings up another issue. Why are all these schools reporting huge increases in applications when GMAT volume is the same (or slightly lower) than last year? I'm guessing it is because people are turning in more applications per person - which should result in a lot of movement on waitlists because each person can obviously attend only 1 school.

Originally posted by pelihu on 09 Dec 2006, 12:01.
Last edited by pelihu on 09 Dec 2006, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm sure you have shared it somewhere in the past but unfortunately I could not easily find it thru searching... can you give us your profile OasisNYK?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]