Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:29 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

What's your opinion about multicolored resumes?

You may select 1 option
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree, this is not a good idea.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Multicolored resumes [#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
Have been tweaking with the aesthetics of my resume recently and found a couple of templates that stood out with multicolors. What's your take on those?

NO........NO...... :twisted: Who would want to see a multicolored resume except I guess, an artist who would appreciate the colors and not the content :)

Just be straight with your resume. A nicely pakacged one page resume in B/W will do wonders(it has done for many!!). No point taking risk..
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Saw a few templates that were multicolored and questioned the use. Just wanted some other opinions, thanx.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
homefry wrote:
I think it's a no, especially a professional resume. I used to review resumes and I saw all sorts of interesting things.

This 1 girl scanned her picture on her resume. She was cute, so I invited her in for an interview. :)

I did this too, and then I told her we could meet at my house for the interview. I made her have sex with me and then I didnt give her the job.

Two weeks later she filed a police complaint. :(

Now shes underneath my basements concrete floor :)

jk
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
your post reminds me of a movie called legally blonde.. nothing wrong.. but worth the question
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
your post reminds me of a movie called legally blonde.. nothing wrong.. but worth the question

What are you insinuating Willget800? I just asked a straight question based on observations of other templates used. Some looked acceptable, while others looked like make-up jobs.

Suspected the use of multicolors from the start, that's why I polled the question.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
willget800 wrote:

What are you insinuating Willget800? I just asked a straight question based on observations of other templates used. Some looked acceptable, while others looked like make-up jobs.

Suspected the use of multicolors from the start, that's why I polled the question.

I think he is suggesting that you are about to get into harvard law courtesy your scented resume printed on pink :-D
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatmba wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
willget800 wrote:

I think he is suggesting that you are about to get into harvard law courtesy your scented resume printed on pink :-D

Actually, purple, pink, and neon blue, with hints of verdant green :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]