Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi all,

I have been around here for few months but never noticed this thread :P

28 male, Malaysian Chinese.
Got a Bachelor of Science in Physics. Currently wrapping up my thesis for PhD in Physics. So, yes, I am a physicist.

I wish to switch my path to finance as many other physicists did, so I got to get this GMAT done.

Nice to meet u all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Greetings all,

My name is Cem. I live in Istanbul/Turkey and work for Deloitte. I have been here for almost two years now, and I want to do my MBA to get my career shifting a bit more to the Investment Banking sector.

My undergrad is from Bilkent University, Department of Economics.

I want to study in a financially strong city, which is New York City or London.

Thus; I want to enroll to NYU, LSB, City University, Imperial College, or Fordham University.

My first two choices are NYU and LSB of course. Hopefully with a decent GMAT score, these schools might not be just dreams.

Oh, and hi!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
Hi and welcome to u, standard :)

U have found the place that, at least, will help u reach your dreamt schools :)... Good luck in your quest ! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My name is Julie and I just graduated with my B.Mus.

I wrote the GMAT this morning after studying for a month and was disappointed with a low score. I am sad to say that I have just discovered this website! In any case I will be rewriting. Can anyone answer some questions for me please:

Do you have to rewrite in 31 days?

If the answer is yes- what approach do you reccomend for a quick review?

I have been using the ARCO2005 study guide which I think was a mistake. Please help!

-Julie
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 361 [0]
Send PM
i'm a musicology graduate... what did you study in your b.mus.
what's your aspirations?

just curious.... not too many musicians around here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I am Pzazz from India ,doing my B.Tech in IT Branch.I would like to take up my GMAT in 2010. Long way to go.

My hobbies include Share Market watch, Hacking and other activites as helping out people around me.

My boss refered me to this site and thanks to him,I could find the best in the shortest time.We have a long time to get associated to each other.

Keep going GMAT CLUB.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi!

My name is Seni, I'm from Barcelona, Spain. I am working as a packaging engineer in the consumer good industry. I've been working all around Europe (Italy, Belgium, France, UK...) and now I am in my home town, Barcelona.

I am planning to apply to an MBA in the US next year.

I took the GMAT two weeks ago for the first time and scored 690, I am quite happy with the result but I am thinking about repeating it, not sure yet.

Thanks for the forum, is really helpful!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello to all of you who took the test and scored lower than you should have. Perhaps you just didn't have the right teachers. Check out the review of GMAX Online here at the GMAT Club, and see what type of teaching is offered. Then go to the website and look at the overview ("see what you're getting") and you'll understand why so many students crack the 700 ceiling with GMAX Online.
The best of luck with your studies,
Leanna
Director, GMAX
https://www.gmaxonline.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I am a 29 guy working in Singapore as a Research Analyst in a London-based market research firm.

Having graduated with at best an above average degree, I am planning to live and breath GMAT for the next 3-4 months and hit 750.

I know it ain't easy, but I have always aspired to work in the top consulting firms, so with my current background, only a top business school will help me achieve my ambition.

I am aiming for INSEAD.

Looking forward to meeting everybody here for the next 3-4 months.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Hi all - I should give you my background

British male, 28 years old.

Degree in Economics from Edinburgh (1st class), where I also tutored 1st and 2nd year economics for a while. GPA if worked out is a bit low through medical reasons (optional essay here we go...)

Since then I have worked in two of the Top 5 UK Banking institutions, and am currently at Associate level managing risk for a whole business area.

For my age, progress to a level above would be tricky right now, so I want to take the opportunity for an MBA to strengthen my opportunities in the future to be able to move through to MD level and above.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello people

Its great to be on this site and to be able to share and learn so much from all of you.
I've been in the US for a little over 5 yrs now.
MS in computer science and working for an IT consulting firm based out of Cleveland.
My goal for the next one month is to get 750+ in the GMAT. And then Harvard...

I have been preparing for about 2 months. And will try to give it in a month.
This GMAT club has been really helpful.
Wish all of you the best in whatever you guys aim for.
And pls wish me the same :)

Regards
Rishi...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AICPA, CAL Society CPA
Concentration: Management
Schools:Kellogg 1Y, Duke 2Y
GMAT 2: 660
Send PM
Hi Everyone!

My name is Kevin M. I took the GMAT once with little prep and got 650. 67per.-Quant, 85 per.-Verb. I'm taking the GMAT again, aiming for a 750. So far, I'm using Cracking the GMAT by P/R, GMAT 800 by Kaplan, and about to buy the OG11.

I'm a college Senior at CSUN. Interned with Ernst & Young, Warner Brothers, and have had a part time job at an accounting firm since early 2005 to pay for school. I have a 3.7 GPA cum, and Accounting.

I'm appying to HBS in rd. 3 because they waive the app. fee. What do you guys think? (assuming 700+ score acheived)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

My name is Chris and I am a 34 year old male working in the IT industry for 8 years. After dealing with a company who has promoted more relatives than people with degrees, I've decided to get my MBA not only to advance my career, but enable options. I also feel that part of the reason is to sate my ego and set an example for my family.

I do plan on going to UCLA, USC, or Berkeley as my top choices.

I am currently planning the GMAT sometime in April. I want to really get all the substance and content in addition to a plethora of practice tests. My biggest hurdle in achieving this is maintaing the passion to study over such a long period of time, in addition to the psychological effects during the test.

I do feel it is very intimidating that on this site it appears that I'm against some of the brightest not only in the United States, but the world. It's also very exciting as well. I'm also shooting for the 7's just like everyone else.

I do have a question for the moderators though, it seems like there are so many 90%+ percentile scores here; do the influx of such high scores raise the standard where soon a 730 will be 90%+?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: AICPA, CAL Society CPA
Concentration: Management
Schools:Kellogg 1Y, Duke 2Y
GMAT 2: 660
Send PM
furiousferret wrote:
Hello,

My name is Chris and I am a 34 year old male working in the IT industry for 8 years. After dealing with a company who has promoted more relatives than people with degrees, I've decided to get my MBA not only to advance my career, but enable options. I also feel that part of the reason is to sate my ego and set an example for my family.

I do plan on going to UCLA, USC, or Berkeley as my top choices.

I am currently planning the GMAT sometime in April. I want to really get all the substance and content in addition to a plethora of practice tests. My biggest hurdle in achieving this is maintaing the passion to study over such a long period of time, in addition to the psychological effects during the test.

I do feel it is very intimidating that on this site it appears that I'm against some of the brightest not only in the United States, but the world. It's also very exciting as well. I'm also shooting for the 7's just like everyone else.

I do have a question for the moderators though, it seems like there are so many 90%+ percentile scores here; do the influx of such high scores raise the standard where soon a 730 will be 90%+?

Haas and Anderson are awesome top 20. USC Marshall, not so awesome. Also, in state tuition for the Haas and Anderson if youre a california resident. SC is way more.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I am Asif and even though I came across gmat club when I initially started preperation for GMAT, I didnt consider it to be of much worth. But now realizing that time is less and my scores cant improve. I am resorting to learning from everyone elses valuable experience. I hope this forum can be as much help to me as I will be to the forum.

I plan to go to Canadian universities like McGill, UFT or HEC.
I have been working in the IT industry for rougly 3 years now and most recently with IBM for the last two.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I am a 28 year old male working in Germany for a REPE firm. This site was recommended to me by a friend who scored 750 on the GMAT and since I plan taking it this autumn it seems logic I stick around here and help/get helped when needed.
Date of admission: Perhaps autumn 2008 but most likely autumn 2009
Target school: Harvard

But for now, I will put all my energy and focus on the GMAT to see how realistic my chances are.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, My name is Nalin and I from India. I dragged through my graduation to earn a degree in Mechanical Engineering and landed up with a job with an IT major, where I have been for last 20 months. Am looking for an MBA to make a career switch into Media Management.

Though I gave GMAT some 15 months back and scored a terrible low of 530, I consider myself as a novice when it comes to GMAT preps..

Looking for scoring better, through your assistance.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  66