Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:
Count me in for the Blue Team.

Russian, 730 GMAT, 4.9/5.0 GPA from a top Russian University, 7 y.w.o at matriculation in supply chain management, currently with a Fortune 100 company (healthcare). No stellar extracurs and mediocre interview.

And... it's a Ding for me.

I'm really sorry to hear this man. Don't worry, just go start your own Wharton pants pooping thread - it'll bring you good luck!
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:

Russian, 730 GMAT, 4.9/5.0 GPA from a top Russian University, 7 y.w.o at matriculation in supply chain management, currently with a Fortune 100 company (healthcare). No stellar extracurs and mediocre interview.

I'm really sorry to hear this man. Don't worry, just go start your own Wharton pants pooping thread - it'll bring you good luck!

Thanks, rhyme. I will follow your advice :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:

Hey can you tell me when you submitted PII of your app?

I submitted mine early, like 10/1 I think, but it didn't get to Kellogg for a little while because my recommenders hadn't yet submitted. I think it went to them something like 10/12 or 10/13.
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:

Hey can you tell me when you submitted PII of your app?

I submitted mine early, like 10/1 I think, but it didn't get to Kellogg for a little while because my recommenders hadn't yet submitted. I think it went to them something like 10/12 or 10/13.

Sure. It was on October, 20.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:

Dang, it sucks when a fellow GMATClubber gets dinged. All the best for Wharton, man, you defn. got the stuff for them.
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
batchgmat wrote:
helg wrote:

Dang, it sucks when a fellow GMATClubber gets dinged. All the best for Wharton, man, you defn. got the stuff for them.

Thanks batchgmat!

Yes, it sucks to be dinged, but life goes on and I still have hopes for Chicago and Wharton. Well, if I am not a good fit for Kellogg, so be it. Means, I wouldn't enjoy going there anyway :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
R2 for me. 750, 3.1, mediocre interview.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:
batchgmat wrote:
helg wrote:

Thanks batchgmat!

Yes, it sucks to be dinged, but life goes on and I still have hopes for Chicago and Wharton. Well, if I am not a good fit for Kellogg, so be it. Means, I wouldn't enjoy going there anyway :)

shoot i feel bad......... 730 GMAT and not even waitlisted.... god what more they want from you? Top GPA too? From Russia... I wonder what went wrong.. when do you get a chance to speak with them and find out how to improve for next year or what to work on?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's too bad Helg. Your stats are definitely top notch. Do you have any feel as to the reason? I remember reading your report on your interview - do you think that could have been the problem?

With regards to this thread, unfortunately I will not be joining the fun. I decided to skip Kellogg. I think it's a really great school though so I wish everyone who is applying good luck.
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
helg wrote:
batchgmat wrote:
helg wrote:

Thanks batchgmat!

shoot i feel bad......... 730 GMAT and not even waitlisted.... god what more they want from you? Top GPA too? From Russia... I wonder what went wrong.. when do you get a chance to speak with them and find out how to improve for next year or what to work on?

I will seek an opportunity to inquire with the school regarding the reasons for this decision. If I ever find out anything (though I am not optimistic about the chances of this) I will definitely make a report here. So far I can only guess... And, judging from the stats on admissions411, I am far from being the applicant with the highest GMAT score to be dinged... :roll:

pelihu wrote:
That's too bad Helg. Your stats are definitely top notch. Do you have any feel as to the reason? I remember reading your report on your interview - do you think that could have been the problem?

With regards to this thread, unfortunately I will not be joining the fun. I decided to skip Kellogg. I think it's a really great school though so I wish everyone who is applying good luck.

The interview might be one reason. As I said earlier in my report on the interview, I wouldn't be surprised if the alumnus feedback were either negative or positive. Kellogg interview was the hardest of the three for me, both in terms of questions asked and of interviewer's attitude.

Also, it seems to me that Kellogg pays a lot of attention to applicant's extracurs, and mine are not so stellar.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Add me:

I was R1 applicant.....count me in the Blue team.

690 (the GMAT I had when I applied) My Nov test was 730 (Q51, V37)
7 YRs work exp, (Parallel: 1 full time job, 2 businesses)
3.35 GPA (Triple major)
Strong reccos....
Interview Waived.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm really growing insanely tired of this. Today was a horrible day. I drove an hour and ten to work, got in early, worked on some essays, had to go to an hour and a half BORING meeting... drove 2 HOURS to get home... no call, no news, no nothing. For the first time in months I really feel like I'm ready to pull my hair out.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hang on Rhyme

Go to a movie theatre and kill time
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
query [#permalink]
Count me i red team
730 IT Indian male
Awaiting off-campus interview
I submitted Part 1 on november 27 and requested the interview in London
but still no call

Should I contact them and insist for off-campus interview or just wait
I need time with my essays any way

whats the best thing to do?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Whats the relationship between the ceral maker kellogg and kellogg School??
Any one :-D
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
"With a name like Kellogg, questions about a connection with the Kellogg Company of Battle Creek, Mich., are inevitable. John L. Kellogg was the son of the Kellogg Company's founder and worked for the family firm for many years, ultimately becoming its president. He subsequently left the firm and settled in Chicago, where he became a successful entrepreneur in the food industry. He died in 1950 at the age of 67. In 1979, the John L. and Helen Kellogg Foundation gave $10 million to Northwestern, and the school was named the Kellogg Graduate School of Management."

:wink:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have yet to hear anything from Kellogg. I only had my R1 interview about 2 1/2 weeks ago, so I guess I'll have to wait awhile longer.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6