Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am not sure if I get you...
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
mukeshnathani wrote:

have u applied for IIMA as an NRI
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
venky1979 wrote:
mukeshnathani wrote:

IIMA?
NRI?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
venky1979 wrote:
mukeshnathani wrote:

IIMA?
NRI?

IIMA - Indian Institute of Mangagement, Ahemdabad (city)
NRI - Non Resident Indian

Lingos only an indian would know! However, I know that IIMA is doing very well within Asia, so very soon, it might get popular in US and thus in this forum.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
if interested in i-banking
IIMA preovides the same opportunities as ultra elites but at 1/20 th the price
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Most people out of IIMA start as analysts while people out of top us schools start as associates. Big difference ! Since the majority of students at IIMs have little or no prior work experience it is natural that they will start at entry level positions. Of course, there will always be a handful of people who have good prior work experience and will get top notch jobs. If you check the resume book of schools such as Wharton and even lower ranked schools such as Darden you will notice the number of IIM graduates who come to the US for a second "international" MBA.

IIMs have a stellar reputation in India and will open a lot of doors. The ROI is great if you plan to work in India post-MBA. For most people, an MBA will be a final degree and thus the desire to end up at a top notch program. BTW, the IIMA campus is awesome and every single b-school campus dwarfs in comparison.

venky1979 wrote:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I doubt if a fresher gets in wharton he will get the job of an assosiate
Considering the experience people bring in i think even abroad IIMA has good chances atleast in finance area

lhotseface wrote:
Most people out of IIMA start as analysts while people out of top us schools start as associates. Big difference ! Since the majority of students at IIMs have little or no prior work experience it is natural that they will start at entry level positions. Of course, there will always be a handful of people who have good prior work experience and will get top notch jobs. If you check the resume book of schools such as Wharton and even lower ranked schools such as Darden you will notice the number of IIM graduates who come to the US for a second "international" MBA.

IIMs have a stellar reputation in India and will open a lot of doors. The ROI is great if you plan to work in India post-MBA. For most people, an MBA will be a final degree and thus the desire to end up at a top notch program. BTW, the IIMA campus is awesome and every single b-school campus dwarfs in comparison.

venky1979 wrote:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
The 2006 placement data points to the contrary. There were only 3 associate level "lateral" IB offers for people with prior financial sector experience. There were only 20 US job offers (across all industries and not just IB). The odds of landing a plush IB job in NYC are slim. For the record, IB is a backup option for Wharton grads who can't get in PE, VC or hedge funds. At Wharton, it is not difficult for a fresher to land an associate level IB job with proper schmoozing.

venky1979 wrote:
Considering the experience people bring in i think even abroad IIMA has good chances atleast in finance area

lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow a wharton MBA can get a fresher an assosiate
I am impressed
lhotseface wrote:
The 2006 placement data points to the contrary. There were only 3 associate level "lateral" IB offers for people with prior financial sector experience. There were only 20 US job offers (across all industries and not just IB). The odds of landing a plush IB job in NYC are slim. For the record, IB is a backup option for Wharton grads who can't get in PE, VC or hedge funds. At Wharton, it is not difficult for a fresher to land an associate level IB job with proper schmoozing.

venky1979 wrote:

lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
IB internship is all it takes.

venky1979 wrote:
I am impressed
lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:

lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Coming back to the original intent of the post have you applied to IIMA as an Overseas candidate?

lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:
I am impressed
lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:

lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
No, I haven't. But I know the program and campus quite well. I literally grew up on the IIMA campus as several faculty members were friends of my family. I am looking for a more diverse b-school experience and don't plan to be in a class with 75% engineers. Moreover, only 8% of the current class has more than 3 years of work experience. This is a big problem for Indian b-schools and specifically for schools such as IIMA which have a strong emphasis on the case method for instruction.

venky1979 wrote:
Coming back to the original intent of the post have you applied to IIMA as an Overseas candidate?

lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:
I am impressed
lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:

lhotseface wrote:

venky1979 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
I am looking for a more diverse b-school experience and don't plan to be in a class with 75% engineers. Moreover, only 8% of the current class has more than 3 years of work experience. This is a big problem for Indian b-schools and specifically for schools such as IIMA which have a strong emphasis on the case method for instruction.

are you talking about the 2 year PGDBM or 1 year PGPEX program? I thought PGPEX had more experienced people....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Whats the typical GMAT scores they are looking at?

I have 10+ yrs work ex now in a managerial role but a lousy score of 620.
Ofcourse I am planning to take the GMAT soon..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
https://www.iimahd.ernet.in/pgpx/pgpxII0708.html

avg is close to 700...not sure about the range.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey venky..did you hear from IIMA?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
gauravgoyal_g wrote:
hey venky..did you hear from IIMA?

Ya Ding
I Knew it I didnt clear thier eligibility of overseas by 12 months Missed by 2 months.

I tried negotiating with them but they didnt consider my case
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2