Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:55 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 536 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kalfurt, prenons cela sous la forme d'humour ;).... Un peu grinçant, qu'en penses-tu? :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
oh come on, mes chers.

I lived among you folks for a year and got my fair share of ribbing about my fat compatriots. And of course i love you all - you taught met to make fun of Les Rosbeefs, which somes in handy when PMing Rhyme.

Vous avez perdue le sens d'humeur chez Pearson, ou quoi?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
J'ai pris cela pour un compliment de la part d'un americain! :) ou resident aux USA.
Ce qui est suspect est l'absence de fautes...

Anyway, it seems I shouldn't bother with the score I reported. I even don't know if 3.5 is good or medium. But the guys at GMAC are really stupid because they ask hundreds of uninteresting questions used for their stats. They could have indicated at least which info would be published.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
oh come on, mes chers.

I lived among you folks for a year and got my fair share of ribbing about my fat compatriots. And of course i love you all - you taught met to make fun of Les Rosbeefs, which somes in handy when PMing Rhyme.

Vous avez perdue le sens d'humeur chez Pearson, ou quoi?

I posted my answer above before seeing yours.
Don't worry, it was funny.It seems you are aware that french have also their opinion about americans!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Amen! I firmly believe that everything related to GMAC is horrible.

Et, mefie-toi - c'est la part d'UNE ameriCAINE.

But really, I lived in France for a year - near Arraas - and attended a French high school. Passed the French Bac with a 14, I did. Parler francais c'est devenu un peu difficile, mais j'arrive quand meme.

Et ecoute - je sais qu'en general les americains sont des nuls linguistiques, mais il y en a qui sont un peu plus intelligents que le reste....moi y inclus!! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok, eh bien je me souviendrai desormais que tu es une fille un peu plus intelligente que les autres. And 14 is really good, especially for a foreigner. Congrats! I think I had about 11. :?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
karlfurt wrote:
Ok, eh bien je me souviendrai desormais que tu es une fille un peu plus intelligente que les autres. :?

Il vaut mieux, mon gar.

:wink:

Ca etait, le GMAT?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Merde!

*painfully thinks how to build a phrase having a one-word vocab*
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good contribution.

Next, I shall teach you a most important French phrase:

Passez-moi le fromage puant, s'il vous plait.

(Pass me the stinky cheese, please.)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Merci beaucoup, vous êtes très aimable! (*oh, the beloved Rocquefort...*)
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat, interesting :)

Apart the french cheezes/wines/frogs, what marked u the most in France?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys...I have the same problem. I put my GPA as 3.0/4.0. Translating that from a 7.5/10(Asian student our GPA is on scale of 10). However i believe my GPA should be more than 3.0 on the US scale, since our univ topper was 9.1/10. And more than half of my class was below 7.5.

I put 3.0 on my GMAT profile. My GMAT score has already been received at all my target schools.

I am thinking what they'll think looking at a 3.0.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat, I got a 670 :?

Braindancer, the few words you spelled without mistakes are some of the most important in French. Keep studying!

Iimjimmy, reading your post, I discovered how the GPA score works. So 3.5/4 is pretty good far above my level at university. So some schools might think that your GPA is very low whereas they will think I tried to cheat them!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
Iimjimmy, reading your post, I discovered how the GPA score works. So 3.5/4 is pretty good far above my level at university. So some schools might think that your GPA is very low whereas they will think I tried to cheat them!

I guess i am screwed. Why the heck did i not leave that field blank. :cry:
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
imjimmy wrote:
Quote:

I really don't think so. I don't know this, of course, but I think it's likely that schools are going to base their understanding of your academic history on the fields you enter yourself and, more importantly, on your transcript.

Think about it. Did the GMAT folks give you a space for other GPAs? To explain? No. Did they even tell you that you needed to check your transcript before coming in? To be honest, I wasn't totally sure exactly what my GPA was - I had to guess a bit, because I hadn't looked at my transcript yet.

I bet that that field is used for exactly two purposes: institutional research on the part of GMAC and so schools can run you through their filter and decide whether or not to send you unsolicited PR materials.

Relax. There is a lot more to worry about in this process.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
imjimmy wrote:
Quote:

I really don't think so. I don't know this, of course, but I think it's likely that schools are going to base their understanding of your academic history on the fields you enter yourself and, more importantly, on your transcript.

Think about it. Did the GMAT folks give you a space for other GPAs? To explain? No. Did they even tell you that you needed to check your transcript before coming in? To be honest, I wasn't totally sure exactly what my GPA was - I had to guess a bit, because I hadn't looked at my transcript yet.

I bet that that field is used for exactly two purposes: institutional research on the part of GMAC and so schools can run you through their filter and decide whether or not to send you unsolicited PR materials.

Relax. There is a lot more to worry about in this process.

Thanks very much. You're right, there's so much else to worry about.

I just realized there are so many people in this forum who messed up their undergrad GPA's but have outstanding GMAT's.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
right.. there really isn't a whole a lot of space to say much..i'm sure its just for PR materials..

I have computer science and business degree, but you could only select one major while taking the test...I thought I selected business administration.. but when the score report came back..

Business Education?...guess I was in a nervous rush
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2