Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatmba wrote:
Does Sloan send out invites till their decision deadline? or is there a cut-off date by when they stop interviewing applicants?

i want to know that too...no invite as of now! still waiting for news...any news
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
2R [#permalink]
Hi there,

I'm applying for 2nd round. Hell of applicactions, but beginning to be relatively satisfied with them (it took me one month only to decide the right subject for each essay). About the optional essay, decided to talk about my personal international experience in a developing country such as the Dominican Republic, where I lived for two years and I got amazing experiences.

Profile: Spanish, 27. Undergraduate in a top Spanish business school. 3 years of experience in a technological business incubator and 2 in an international post in the Dominican Republic, where I ended up managing a team of 23 people in the media business. Left the job to prepare for MBA (went almost 3 months to Boston because of MIT) and right now I'm launching a small consulting firm with a former boss. Some extracurricular activity (I taught entrepreneurship and worked as private consultant), but not in the social area. GMAT, 760 (49Q & 44V). TOEFL 111/120. GPA: 3.3 (I guess my weakest area, but quite ok, anyway).
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: 2R [#permalink]
gmahn wrote:
Hi there,

I'm applying for 2nd round. Hell of applicactions, but beginning to be relatively satisfied with them (it took me one month only to decide the right subject for each essay). About the optional essay, decided to talk about my personal international experience in a developing country such as the Dominican Republic, where I lived for two years and I got amazing experiences.

Profile: Spanish, 27. Undergraduate in a top Spanish business school. 3 years of experience in a technological business incubator and 2 in an international post in the Dominican Republic, where I ended up managing a team of 23 people in the media business. Left the job to prepare for MBA (went almost 3 months to Boston because of MIT) and right now I'm launching a small consulting firm with a former boss. Some extracurricular activity (I taught entrepreneurship and worked as private consultant), but not in the social area. GMAT, 760 (49Q & 44V). TOEFL 111/120. GPA: 3.3 (I guess my weakest area, but quite ok, anyway).

hmm...you're in at MIT :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,
I'm applying to MIT for R2. I'm stressing out about the self-reported transcript.

It says "Please be sure to add classes that you have withdrawn from, dropped, or failed."

I frequently enrolled in one extra class a semester, and then dropped the worst one after a week. This information is not on my transcript, and I can't remember all the classes I did this for.

Is this really what they're looking for? I can understand about the withdrawn classes, because those would show up on my transcript, but I'm not sure what to do about the dropped classes.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
To R1ers: interviews are still going out as per Ad's411. Anyone else from here been interviewed?

Cheers. L.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
To R1ers: interviews are still going out as per Ad's411. Anyone else from here been interviewed?

Cheers. L.

No word for me :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatmba wrote:

and still waiting here... :roll:

On second thoughts...i think they might be waiting for the second round deadline on 10th before sending out more invites to R1 applicants...you know...see what kind/number of people have applied in R2 and then give an invite to some more poor souls from R1....just a thought
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
luminos24 wrote:
gmatmba wrote:

and still waiting here... :roll:

On second thoughts...i think they might be waiting for the second round deadline on 10th before sending out more invites to R1 applicants...you know...see what kind/number of people have applied in R2 and then give an invite to some more poor souls from R1....just a thought

That could very well be true...smart move on sloan's behalf but totally not fair on us :x
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'd still have unfair rather than dinged! :lol:
No news for me so far, though.

cheers. L.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MIT Sloan Application - Supplemental Information [#permalink]
I have a question about supplemental information section:

The prompt says:

Supplemental Information

You may provide additional information about any of the following topics that you consider relevant. Please tell us anything else about yourself that will enhance our impression of you as a unique individual.

1. List the leadership activities in which you have actively participated, including your responsibilities and positions held in the organization, and dates. Provide contact names(s) and contact information for each leadership activity.

2. List your academic and/or professional awards, including the basis for your selection and the date(s) of the honor(s).

3. List your hobbies, interests, and activities, including any significant accomplishments related to them.

4. Special circumstances related to your academic program which you would like to mention (up to 500 words).

5. Whatever else you would like the Admissions Committee to know (up to 500 words).

It can be interpreted as:
Either
A) Within total 500 words tell us anything including but not limited to the above topics.
OR
B) List activities, awards, hobbies - no limit specified, special circumstances related to academics - 500 words, Anything else (500 words)

Which one is correct?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'd say that they give you up to 2 * 500 words if you really need it. Still, if not absolutely necessary, I'd minimize these sections.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Damn... the file upload isn't working at the moment! (last 20 min)
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Incredible.

I wonder if they acknowledge this (if it persists) and extend the deadline, or just let us face our own retarderie.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anyone else having this problem?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Make sure you record your problem with Tech Support from AY. Stfd says they will accomodate delays only if a record exists and I suppose MIT's take on this issue may be similar.

I submitted R1 so I can't give you any feedback on current performance.

Hope it helps.
Cheers. L.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did have problems uploading the stuff. Emailed the adcoms, they said that they are aware of degraded performance and will consider the apps submitted couple of hours after deadline to be OK.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
None [#permalink]
Finally, I submitted my Sloan application 30 minutes before the official deadline. Now the wait starts.

Question to sloan applicants: What other schools did you guys apply to?
GMAT Club Bot
None [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7