Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:42 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Econ Girl. I am sure you do well in ur interviews.

I love the school as well. I visited in October, cant beat the NY advantage. The people were super friednly too!

So, any takers for creating the pant-pooper? Just want to start getting a sense of how other fellow GMAT clubbers are doing with Columbia.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
I do think it strange that AdCom stated not many applicants, but lets hope its the truth!

Here's what one admissions consultant told me (so take it with a grain of salt): It seems that so many people have started applying to CBS ED that ED is getting to be nearly as tough - if not tougher than RD. Their ED applications were up again this year, so its possible that the RD pool is shrinking. Who knows?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Supposedly, ED applications were up 17% this year. I haven't heard any news about RD, but it would not totally surprise me if their volume was the same or lower. Recently, Columbia's RD has gotten the reputation of being harder than Warton R2 and much harder than Chicago & Kellogg.

Everyone add your stats. I'll create a pants pooping chart a little later. I applied RD, turned my app in about 3-4 days before the deadline.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Count me in for Regular Decision !!!!!!!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
I love the school as well. I visited in October, cant beat the NY advantage. The people were super friednly too!

Yep. I thought the people would suck, but they were actually really nice. I liked the neighborhood too. I've never lived in NY and would like to at some point in my life. B-school seems like as good of a time as any to do that.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Count me for RD (submitted Dec 25th), I had visited the school on Oct 30th, met a student ambassador, attended a class, attended info session, everything looked good to me. This is my first choice so keeping my fingers crossed
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Submitted mine for RD on Dec 06!

EconGirl, when did you submit your appliation. Good luck with your interview....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Submitted mine for RD on Dec 06!

EconGirl, when did you submit your appliation. Good luck with your interview....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I submitted my applic. in mid. to late November. I am regular decision as well....will fix the first post
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
My profile (for the first post): 730 Gmat, 3.0 GPA, Indian male, 3.5 yrs in Big 4 Consulting.

All you December submitts are making me extremely nervous. I am still struggling with one essay on the Columbia app and am trying to get it in by this weekend.

Does anyone have a sense if this is too late in the game?

EconGirl, I know you had an interview, how did it go?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
My interview was about 2 hours long (though I think this is a bit unusual). A lot of standard question - why mba, why columbia, leadership examples, career goals, etc. No wacky questions. Alum that interviewed me was fascinating and very honest. It did not even feel like an interview. Really made my impression of Columbia even better.

He told me that he has no idea how AdCom uses the interview feedbacks and how much weight is assigned to it.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just received an email from Columbia letting me know that my application is complete and under review. I will receive a decision or an invitation to interview within 12 weeks. I submitted my application on 1/8 so it took almost exactly 2 weeks to come complete.

I was a little worried because on of my recommendations was from China and my recommender was unable to access the online rec system (because of the Taiwan earthquake). So at the last minute, Columbia gave me an extra week to allow the recommender to send it in by mail. I was concerned that this would cause extended delays, but Columbia seems to be on top of it (hopefully the other schools where I had recs mailed to will be as responsive).

Columbia's web site, on the other hand, is the worst of any application site that I used. It was crashing all the time. A sign of unexpectedly high application volume? I don't know.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I turned in my Columbia app last night (1/22). I know its late, but I think I was able to do a good job with it.

Lets hope that pehilu is right and they are at the top of their game, so I can get a response soon.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
It's rolling apps DJM, so I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you are in the pot when they are deciding the first lot, you should be OK (I would think).

Mine will go this weekend.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually, their policy is that they will consider all applications turned in before Jan. 10th, and then review applications turned in afterwards on a rolling basis. In any case, I guess it will take them 12 weeks from the time they confirm your application is complete. The most important thing is to turn in the best app possible. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I received an email stating that my application status has changed, so I get all excited an log-in to see if I have an interview invite....and all is shows me is that app is now Complete and it might take upto 12 weeks from now to get an interview invite!!

It took them almost 3 weeks to post my status to Complete...now I potentially have to wait for 12 more weeks..arrrrggggggg.

Columbia is my top choice, so this is particulalry painful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got the same message as you did. 12 more weeks to wait.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8