Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
this might clear things up... Rd2 applicants- you probably have not received the email yet, with a link to the app status page. Rd1 received the email approx 3 weeks after the Rd1 submit deadline.

it is a completely separate site than the embark application. the status page i am referring to is hosted on ucla anderson's server.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
polobrute wrote:
WBF wrote:
you should have received an email from them with a link and login information to your application status page.

anyone apply during R2 get this email yet?

Yes, you get it the moment you submit your app.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
xixtrays wrote:
polobrute wrote:
WBF wrote:
you should have received an email from them with a link and login information to your application status page.

Just to be clear, right after you submitted your application for R2, you received 2 emails?

1. Notification that you submitted your application.

2. Notification that UCLA received your application with a link and login information for the status page
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, that's how it works with UCLA. After you get the second email with a status link, the adcom will forget about you for a couple of months. Suddenly, as the deadline approaches they will wake up and start throwing files in to a bin 50 feet away. The ones that fall in to the bin are IN. To improve my odds, I printed and rolled my application in to a round ball. I am waiting for the buzzer beater.

homefry wrote:
xixtrays wrote:
polobrute wrote:
WBF wrote:

Just to be clear, right after you submitted your application for R2, you received 2 emails?

1. Notification that you submitted your application.

2. Notification that UCLA received your application with a link and login information for the status page
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
keep the faith...

only about 60 got accepted so far... and none since the first wave...(based on the admit message board)... there will be about 100 or so acceptance coming out in the next two weeks!!

Don't get desperate!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
WBF wrote:
this might clear things up... Rd2 applicants- you probably have not received the email yet, with a link to the app status page. Rd1 received the email approx 3 weeks after the Rd1 submit deadline.

it is a completely separate site than the embark application. the status page i am referring to is hosted on ucla anderson's server.

I might be missing something here. The email said I should receive the 2nd email 1-2 days later?

Dear Homefry,

Congratulations! You have successfully submitted your online
application to the UCLA Anderson School of Management.

You will also receive a confirmation email from us once we
electronically receive your application. This normally takes 1-2 business days, as
long as any recommenders you've registered electronically have
submitted their recommendations; longer if they have not.

R1ers, how soon after you submitted your app, did you get the second email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
Yes, that's how it works with UCLA. After you get the second email with a status link, the adcom will forget about you for a couple of months. Suddenly, as the deadline approaches they will wake up and start throwing files in to a bin 50 feet away. The ones that fall in to the bin are IN. To improve my odds, I printed and rolled my application in to a round ball. I am waiting for the buzzer beater.

Before that though, they gather the R2 applicants and see if any R2ers are easier to throw into the bin.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Homefry, the email i was referring to looks like this:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Your application for admission to UCLA Anderson has been processed.
Included in this email is the application id number required for checking
the status of your application:

url: (link to Status Page)
your application id: XXXXXXXXXXX

Be sure to save this email so that you can subsequently access your
application id number.

We appreciate your interest in UCLA Anderson and assure you that your
application will be given careful consideration. If you have any
questions, please refer to our website.

---- if you havent received it yet, i wouldnt worry about it. i did not receive mine until about 3 weeks after the submit deadline.

Originally posted by WBF on 11 Jan 2007, 15:50.
Last edited by WBF on 11 Jan 2007, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
jchen1731 wrote:
keep the faith...

only about 60 got accepted so far... and none since the first wave...(based on the admit message board)... there will be about 100 or so acceptance coming out in the next two weeks!!

Don't get desperate!!

This is great news! where did you get this info and how reliable is the source? ... or i guess the better question would be: what is this "admit message board" you are referring to?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Admit message board for the admit students...

from what i have heard, about 160-180 seats will be filled in R1. roughly 60 members are signed up on the board since the 1st admit wave... and none have signed on since...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
jchen1731 wrote:
Admit message board for the admit students...

from what i have heard, about 160-180 seats will be filled in R1. roughly 60 members are signed up on the board since the 1st admit wave... and none have signed on since...

SWEEEET!!! so i have a chance?!!! thanks for the info! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
120 Hours left :gl
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Round 2 and waiting.
I'm a bit afraid because I paid the fee at 1:25 AM 1/4/2007, but I think this is ET and so 10:25 PM 1/3/2007, I'll call them next week if I don't receive the email with the link.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
antapple wrote:
Round 2 and waiting.
I'm a bit afraid because I paid the fee at 1:25 AM 1/4/2007, but I think this is ET and so 10:25 PM 1/3/2007, I'll call them next week if I don't receive the email with the link.

just so you know, i submitted my application several hours before the R2 deadline and i have yet to receive anything except for a single email right after submission stating such.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
However, there must be a ton of other applicants not using message boards so we really can't rely on those figures.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
man.... i'm feeling very anxious and impatient today!..... it's affecting my productivity at work!

anybody else?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got an email confirming that my application for UCLA is complete. I submitted a few days before the Jan. 3 deadline, so it took them about 2 weeks total to put everything together. I'm heading down to LA in a couple of weeks to do my interview. It's a comfortable setting for me (I did my undergrad at UCLA) so it will be a good place to get warmed up for (I hope) further interviews in the coming weeks.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11