Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
What r ur profiles?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
damn sloan is just showering us with dings. i hope at least texasguy or deowl (both of whom interviewed) get some good news. my profile is just average but some of you guys who got dinged really had great profiles
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
This year the application process seems to be extra stringent! Very few admits. Last year there were several admits from the GMAT Club.

Wonder what the reason is - larger number of quality applicants?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm IN at MIT!

Will post my profile soon.
VP
VP
Send PM
Gr8! [#permalink]
TexasGuy wrote:
I'm IN at MIT!

Congrats TG! Go party, now!

Cheers. L.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
TexasGuy wrote:
I'm IN at MIT!

Excellent dude! I am really happy for you! Congrats and please share your profile/interview etc!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
officially dinged! end to a long wait...

my profile: 760/3.0/29/WE 7 yrs/Indian/IT

the process seems to be stringent this year...i was atleast expecting an interview call...but...well...time to move on!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
TexasGuy wrote:
I'm IN at MIT!

Congrats!!

party time...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats !

TexasGuy wrote:
I'm IN at MIT!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats TexasGuy. Hopefully I'll get the same answer in a few months. By the way, after this application experience I've realized that I could have done much more when younger to have a better profile for a MBA.

For example, why didn't I try to study much more? Why didn't I participated in more social activities? Why didn't I begin to prepare my GMAT earlier? Why didn't I travel to Africa to launch a NGO? Why am I not a woman? Why didn't I become gay?

Definitely, if we are not accepted to an Ultra-elite university is our fault.
VP
VP
Send PM
Yes, but... [#permalink]
gmahn wrote:
Congrats TexasGuy. Hopefully I'll get the same answer in a few months. By the way, after this application experience I've realized that I could have done much more when younger to have a better profile for a MBA.

For example, why didn't I try to study much more? Why didn't I participated in more social activities? Why didn't I begin to prepare my GMAT earlier? Why didn't I travel to Africa to launch a NGO? Why am I not a woman? Why didn't I become gay?

Definitely, if we are not accepted to an Ultra-elite university is our fault.

I agree that you could have improved your chances. However, I consider that you should be true to yourself. If you travel to Africa to launch a NGO without actually feeling about it, chances are you'll end up not liking it and failing miserably (making your profile worse rather than better).

It's a little bit different when considering GPAs. There would not be much harm in studying more when in college. But yet you could end up being less well rounded in other aspects (eg: extras while in college).

I think the best way to improve your chances is by cutting waste from your schedule and slacking less all around. Eg: less TV, no PS2, less partying, etc. But there is normally a defined limit to how much energy you can use before burning out.

My take is: I am who I am and hopefully they'll like me. And if they don't then it means I would not enjoy my stay there.

But, hey, that's just me.

Hope it helps. L.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Lepium,

I was just being a bit sarcastic with the whole application process. It's 1:20 am in Spain and still writing my Berkeley essays.

About what you said, somehow you're right, we must like but we do to success. However, I also think that if I had known 10 years ago that I would apply to these schools, I would have tried to do things a bit different. But not only because they ask for it, but because what they ask it's interesting. You know, I would have loved that someone had recommended me to learn to develop my leadership skills, to launch a company, or to have a major social contribution.

Anyway, I just want to end with this whole thing because applying is definitely taking me too much time, a time that I could spend doing much more interesting things.
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Yes, but... [#permalink]
lepium wrote:
It's a little bit different when considering GPAs. There would not be much harm in studying more when in college. But yet you could end up being less well rounded in other aspects (eg: extras while in college).

Hope it helps. L.

I totally agree! My GPA is not at all spectacular - not that I am proud about it, but I am happy about the overall education that I gained during my undergrad days! If I would studied 24x7 during my undergrad days, I might have had a 4.0 GPA (or whatever the equivalent is) but would have missed out on other learning that I think is equally, if not more, important to be successful in life!

To be successful at the end, I think its more important to have a 'complete' education rather than just a 4.0 GPA. Even though I do not have a perfect GPA (or even near perfect) I am very happy with my undergraduate experience as I think it has taken me towards the direction I would love to be!

[i]“I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I'd just been myself.â€
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
TexasGuy wrote:
I'm IN at MIT!

Great!! Big congo on that mate :-D
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmahn wrote:
Lepium,

I was just being a bit sarcastic with the whole application process. It's 1:20 am in Spain and still writing my Berkeley essays.

About what you said, somehow you're right, we must like but we do to success. However, I also think that if I had known 10 years ago that I would apply to these schools, I would have tried to do things a bit different. But not only because they ask for it, but because what they ask it's interesting. You know, I would have loved that someone had recommended me to learn to develop my leadership skills, to launch a company, or to have a major social contribution.

Anyway, I just want to end with this whole thing because applying is definitely taking me too much time, a time that I could spend doing much more interesting things.

Entendido, tío! Hala, a currar con las aplicaciones y después a por unas cañitas.

I interpreted your original post literally, and it struck a cord, as I have thought extensively about the "what ifs" for some time. I now understand you were just being ironic.

Cheers. L.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
TexasGuy wrote:
I'm IN at MIT!

Congrats....

Do post your experience after the hang over goes away. Party hard dude, you earned it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
saturnring11 wrote:
Dinged here too.

no way...did you make it to stanford...I am sure you did....i thought your profile was really good.....this year is so tough.....
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7