Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: GSB R1 and R2: Lets the pants pooping commence! [#permalink]
Hey everyone,
I just noticed that I forgot to add my name to the R2 Team. Rhyme, can you please throw me on there?
700 GMAT, 3.1 GPA, 4yrs medical device sales, good extras (better during university). Good luck everyone!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Hey, Klong009, congrats!!

Must be lovelylovely to have an admit in hand. Well done.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just got an interview invite this morning via email.

Any good advice on alumni vs. on-campus? I figure it's a toss-up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an interview invite as well from Uchicago today .
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Wow. It sounds like they are interviewing almost all of the applicants.

I got an invite too.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Where's mine? :(
On a side note there was a cool show on Milton Fredman on PBS last night for all those Chicago fans.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Klong....congrats, when you get into Chicago which school are you leaning towards? What are your goals for the future?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
DMatt wrote:
I just got an interview invite this morning via email.

Any good advice on alumni vs. on-campus? I figure it's a toss-up.

I always advise on campus. If nothing else, (a) you might get to meet some admissions staff (b) if you get waitlisted, you can write a passionate letter about wanting to go there, whereas if you've never visited, this is probably a harder pill to swallow (c) If your interviewer ends up being a hard a55, you only have to cope with 30 minutes of it rather than god knows what as an alumn, and (d) it shows interest.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Excellent post rhyme. If someone does visit separately, then it seems on-site may not really make much difference though. I kind of feel that an interview from a local alumni in my industry may be more effective. It may be easier to make a personal and professional connection?? Who knows.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
DMatt wrote:
Excellent post rhyme. If someone does visit separately, then it seems on-site may not really make much difference though. I kind of feel that an interview from a local alumni in my industry may be more effective. It may be easier to make a personal and professional connection?? Who knows.

It cuts both ways. On the one hand, if you get along great with your alum, you might banter back and forth for an hour, which cant hurt. If, on the other hand, you have a horrible interview, he's got all the time in the world to make you squirm and say something stupid.

Don't underestimate the value a trip might bring. This is especially true for schools concerned about yield and who are out of the way - i.e. Cornell - where going to visit is clearly not so simple. If you are local, not visiting risks coming across as lazy.

Don't forget too - the waitlist is also an excercise in yield management. Some people just "collect" admits - the school wants to know that if you come off the waitlist, you will immediately accept. They don't want to be handing out admits to people who might or might not come. A visit will help alleviate these concerns.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
lhmcjen wrote:
Klong....congrats, when you get into Chicago which school are you leaning towards? What are your goals for the future?

And I'm in at Chicago too! :-D Woohoo! I am getting so little work done this week it's sad, but I can't seem to focus when I keep getting good news like this! I can't believe they both got back to me so fast - I really didn't mean to just crash this thread like this! I really thought it would take them 3-4 weeks to decide.

lhmcjen, are you planning on accepting the part-time admit? I was a little surprised at how small a window they give you to decide.

My goal is to stay in litigation consulting (hence the part-time MBA instead of full-time) and eventually reach the point of being a testifying expert. Which school do I prefer? I'm trying to reserve final judgment until I sit in on a class at both schools. I went to a Kellogg class last night and had a very good experience - and I'm going to a Chicago GSB class tonight. Based on my experiences so far - applications, info sessions, interview, etc. - and my personal analysis of each school's strengths compared to my goals, I'd choose Kellogg.

But that's not my final answer until I visit Chicago. :lol:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Punk. Go to Chicago if you want to be a master expert with mad skills. Kellogg is for marketing wanna-be rejects who spend their time shopping at the GAP. The GSB is for leaders.

Just kidding. Go whever you want. Just don't come crying to me when your Kellogg "degree" gets mistaken for a Cereal box affiliation.

Just kidding. Seriously, you should evalute both schools as best as you can and pick the one which is best for your long term goals, which if you have any brain at all, is obviously the GSB.

Just kidding. No really, take a good hard look at culture and figure out what fits best for you. If you want to be a pansy hippy go to Kellogg, if you want to be a god amongst mortals, go to the GSB.

Just kidding. Really. I'm just bitter about my Kellogg waitlist. :)

If you ever wanna get together for a drink let me know - I live right near the downtown campuses.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You all are R1 applicants, right? Has anyone from Round 2 gotten received communication??

Eager R2 applicant...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
tridebri wrote:
You all are R1 applicants, right? Has anyone from Round 2 gotten received communication??

Eager R2 applicant...

See page 1, first post - many of these are R2 people not R1 people - you can see some people got interview invites from R2 - though there is still time.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Another day, another lack of interview invite from Chicago. I did read a report on the BW forum of a guy that received an interview. White male, 730 GMAT and 2.28 UGPA from a top public so I guess I'm still holding out a little hope.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know if it is easy to catch a cab around hyde park?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
klong009 wrote:
lhmcjen wrote:

And I'm in at Chicago too! :-D Woohoo! I am getting so little work done this week it's sad, but I can't seem to focus when I keep getting good news like this! I can't believe they both got back to me so fast - I really didn't mean to just crash this thread like this! I really thought it would take them 3-4 weeks to decide.

lhmcjen, are you planning on accepting the part-time admit? I was a little surprised at how small a window they give you to decide.

My goal is to stay in litigation consulting (hence the part-time MBA instead of full-time) and eventually reach the point of being a testifying expert. Which school do I prefer? I'm trying to reserve final judgment until I sit in on a class at both schools. I went to a Kellogg class last night and had a very good experience - and I'm going to a Chicago GSB class tonight. Based on my experiences so far - applications, info sessions, interview, etc. - and my personal analysis of each school's strengths compared to my goals, I'd choose Kellogg.

But that's not my final answer until I visit Chicago. :lol:

I accepted the Chicago offer. I was a little thrown off by the condensed timeline as well, but what do you do. What do you like better about Kellog?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts