Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Re: GSB R1 and R2: Lets the pants pooping commence! [#permalink]
What a fukin dipsh1t.

That was his first post too. Aleksey Vayner twin.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Einstein06 wrote:
I KNOW! :hair

And I quote:
Quote:
The school that will receive my final acceptance for enrollment will be the one that has best demonstrated a culture enriched by radical visions of the future

... so... GSB, what have YOU done for me lately?!

Wow, I can't believe how calmly the current students tried to answer.

I wonder how his essays read...
"I have determined you are the most crazy / radical / unbelievable / impossible based on standard conventions school out there. I am proud to inform you that I am applying to your school."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Why do adcoms go on admissions411?

This is disturbing. Mostly because that information is highly unscientific. And the message boards have no traffic.

In there recent newsletter titled "Chicago GSB News - February 2, 2007 " they had a poll which asked:

Quote:
I get most of my information about Chicago GSB from:

Chicago GSB website
BusinessWeek Online
admissions411.com
GMAC website
Talking with friends and/or
coworkers
None of the above; I have my
own methods

I voted None of the above (they didnt have GMATclub listed :-D )
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Einstein06 wrote:
Why do adcoms go on admissions411?

This is disturbing. Mostly because that information is highly unscientific. And the message boards have no traffic.

In there recent newsletter titled "Chicago GSB News - February 2, 2007 " they had a poll which asked:

Quote:
I get most of my information about Chicago GSB from:

Chicago GSB website
BusinessWeek Online
admissions411.com
GMAC website
Talking with friends and/or
coworkers
None of the above; I have my
own methods

I voted None of the above (they didnt have GMATclub listed :-D )

Actually if they came in here that would freak me out. By using GMAT score, profile, nationality, etc. they could narrow down who you are and know they schools that you really applied to and not the ones you told them in the interview.

Cheers. L.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
What happened to the stickies?

Most of the school-specific threads used to be stickied.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lepium wrote:
Actually if they came in here that would freak me out. By using GMAT score, profile, nationality, etc. they could narrow down who you are and know they schools that you really applied to and not the ones you told them in the interview.

Cheers. L.

Right, just like those people losing jobs because of crazy myspace pages. Shouldn't boards be off limits?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
gmatclb wrote:
What happened to the stickies?

Most of the school-specific threads used to be stickied.

They've been linked in an Announcement:

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=41908

Cheers. L.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
I cant believe how big this thread has become... awesome! I can't wait for the end of March when it baloons and explodes into 40 or 50 pages as the admits start rolling in.

Hopefully R2 will go better than R1.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
I cant believe how big this thread has become... awesome! I can't wait for the end of March when it baloons and explodes into 40 or 50 pages as the admits start rolling in.

Hopefully R2 will go better than R1.

Yeah... I can't wait as well...
:wall
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Invited 5 min ago....thanks God
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
haddy74 wrote:

Cool! Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
helg wrote:
haddy74 wrote:

Cool! Congrats!

thanks helg...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I just got my invite a minute ago too...first of four i hope.

what are y'alls thoughts on interviewing off-campus vs on? i have not visited the chicago campus although i spend a lot of time there (my mom lives there) so i figure it would be a good idea to make an appearance. despite my current remote residence i can get there relatively easily for a weekend.

thoughts? will the adcom notice/care/be impressed/immediately admit me after i travel 1500 miles to visit?

bw
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tridebri wrote:

what are y'alls thoughts on interviewing off-campus vs on? i have not visited the chicago campus although i spend a lot of time there (my mom lives there) so i figure it would be a good idea to make an appearance. despite my current remote residence i can get there relatively easily for a weekend.

thoughts? will the adcom notice/care/be impressed/immediately admit me after i travel 1500 miles to visit?

bw

If you visit, you will be very impressed with the new building. Its amazing. I visited in November so I'm doing my interview with a local alumni.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Still no invite for me. I did find out something that gives me a little hope. According to the reports on Admission411.com, 130/171 R1 applicants were interviewed. So far, only 46/166 R2 applicants have reported interviews.

Now, I know the numbers are skewed, and that there's no way that they interviewed 76% of the applicants in the first round. The percentages are surely weird because of reporting dynamics for Admissions411, but assuming relatively similar rates of reporting for R1 and R2 suggests that there are lots of interview invites still to come for R2; maybe as much 2/3 still to go. There seems to be an amazing amount of similarity between R1 & R2 applicants reporting. The median GMAT is 730 for both rounds, while the mean is 725 for R1 and 727 for R2.

Also, it seems that they interviewed the vast majority of R1 applicants that scored 760+ on the GMAT. They have only invited 2/18 R2 applicants scoring 770-780. At least I can hope.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
tridebri wrote:

bw

Officially, it makes no difference. Unofficially, there are a few advantages to a visit.

1) you might be able to get a moment or two with someone from admissions. It never hurts for them to put a face to a name. If you are good at this, you can spend a lot of time with them. You'd be surprised whats possible.

2) you will meet plenty of students before the interview (if you go early enough) and I imagine they will be quite helpful in giving you tips for the interview. This can't hurt

3) If you get waitlisted, you will likely be able to write a great update letter about how you really really want GSB based on your visit and people you met and wow this and awesome that. If you've never even visited, then obviously, its a less convicing letter.

4) Risk mitigation. If the interview becomes a boiler room interview, you only have to endure 30 minutes. It's a strict cut off. With an alumni, you could boil for an hour or more. 30 minutes gives you less time to build rapport than a 1 hour or 1.5 hour alumni interview, but it also limits the risks of being caught in a downward spiral of increasingly poor answers as you loose control of the interview.

congrats on the invite.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
pelihu wrote:
Still no invite for me. I did find out something that gives me a little hope. According to the reports on Admission411.com, 130/171 R1 applicants were interviewed. So far, only 46/166 R2 applicants have reported interviews.

Now, I know the numbers are skewed, and that there's no way that they interviewed 76% of the applicants in the first round. The percentages are surely weird because of reporting dynamics for Admissions411, but assuming relatively similar rates of reporting for R1 and R2 suggests that there are lots of interview invites still to come for R2; maybe as much 2/3 still to go. There seems to be an amazing amount of similarity between R1 & R2 applicants reporting. The median GMAT is 730 for both rounds, while the mean is 725 for R1 and 727 for R2.

Also, it seems that they interviewed the vast majority of R1 applicants that scored 760+ on the GMAT. They have only invited 2/18 R2 applicants scoring 770-780. At least I can hope.

Pehilu, I am sure you will get an invite.. you have a stellar app.. but on the gmat scores.. I dont know if you can make anything out of the gmat scores from admissions411
have you ever considered the fact that only high scorers log onto admissions411 and update their data?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts