Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
It was Dean Breeden....the outgoing dean. The new dean is in South Africa currently.

batchgmat wrote:
Thanks! I have an interview this Saturday so every bit helps! Please do post any more tidbits you can remember.

Also, I am assuming this is with the new Dean correct?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
Starting this year, they are emphasizing more on interview performance. According to him, test scores do matter but interviews will also be weighed heavily henceforth.

Not surprised. I interviewed not too long ago and got grilled much more than at any other school. It felt good because I thought I had strong answers, but it was much more intense than I thought it would be.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
dukes wrote:
Quote:
Starting this year, they are emphasizing more on interview performance. According to him, test scores do matter but interviews will also be weighed heavily henceforth.

Not surprised. I interviewed not too long ago and got grilled much more than at any other school. It felt good because I thought I had strong answers, but it was much more intense than I thought it would be.

Ditto.

Be ready with your "team" question -- a time you worked in a team and weren't a leader. Team Fuqua, etc.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
dukes wrote:
Quote:

Ditto.

Be ready with your "team" question -- a time you worked in a team and weren't a leader. Team Fuqua, etc.

who interviews the Applicants@Duke...I read in accepted database that it is always by Second Year students?

Is it blind or they went thorough our profile....?????

How busy is RDU airport? My flight is landing at 07:50 am and my interview is scheduled at 10.00 am....Hoping that i can get off the plan--and drive to the campus in time
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
OZ, you should be OK, when I visited, the airport was not busy at all and traffic was not an issue
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Econgirl
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:

They say it is blind but my interviewer said some things and asked some questions that made me think he had seen my application. I'm not positive about this but I doubt this was more than a coincidence.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interviews are blind. The interviewer gets your resume 15-20 minutes before your interview. This helps him/her know your basic profile.

Oz, it will take you around 20-25 minutes to reach Duke. Make sure you park in the parking lot on science drive which is right across the business school. If you mention that you are there for an interview, the attendant will let you park for free.

dukes wrote:
Quote:

They say it is blind but my interviewer said some things and asked some questions that made me think he had seen my application. I'm not positive about this but I doubt this was more than a coincidence.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
Interviews are blind. The interviewer gets your resume 15-20 minutes before your interview. This helps him/her know your basic profile.

Oz, it will take you around 20-25 minutes to reach Duke. Make sure you park in the right parking lot on science drive which is right across the business school. If you mention that you are there for an interview, the attendant will let you park for free.

Thanks a lot ...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bit of info -

On the way out of town, the security line at RDC was completely crazy. I think it took me 45 minutes to get through. I was surprised, and glad that I'd gotten there early enough.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Back from Durham!

Duke is amazing, interview was friendly and focused on 6 or 7 questions..fairly standard...which i will post later....there was not much grilling more of a conversation, i feel they are trying to analyze the fit with the student body, so all the interviews r conducted by the 2 year students...I feel I did well :lol: :lol:

The campus, facilities r great, will post the pics later ...

Weather - dont even ask .....Bright sunny day....

Can't wait for the Judgement day - March 08
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck ! I was also quite impressed with the facilities and the people.

Ozmba2006 wrote:
Back from Durham!

Duke is amazing, interview was friendly and focused on 6 or 7 questions..fairly standard...which i will post later....there was not much grilling more of a conversation, i feel they are trying to analyze the fit with the student body, so all the interviews r conducted by the 2 year students...I feel I did well :lol: :lol:

Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
Good luck ! I was also quite impressed with the facilities and the people. Look forward to the pictures.

Ozmba2006 wrote:
Back from Durham!

Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Duke pics
Attachments

IMG_1090.JPG
IMG_1090.JPG [ 566.37 KiB | Viewed 2122 times ]

IMG_1084.JPG