Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Pants Poopers Strike Back: Wharton R1 & R2 [#permalink]
The admission411's Wharton intv invite seems to progress very slowly. Definately the new UI has affected the way people update their profile. It really sucks!

Anyone else heard back from wharton?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Let's not forget the 5 elements being evaluated.

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=19450

I agree with pelihu that when analyzing data from admissions411, there's not much more significant data other than GMAT. Yet this data addresses only 1 out of 5 dimensions being evaluated (or maybe 1.5 if we consider that some employers look at GMAT scores). And on "GMAT whores" schools it's way more important. But Wharton is clearly not in that list.

Pelihu, I think you should change your GMAT score to 680 so that we would not be second guessing your motives all the time... :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
less than 5 days left....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
Guys whatever you analyses are I believe a guy with a substantial work ex in a diverse environment with a fair GPA say 3.6 and above would be preferred over a person with little/no experience with a score above 700 unless he/she is having stellar credentials like representing a country for Olympics etc.
:-D
VP
VP
Send PM
trivikram wrote:
Guys whatever you analyses are I believe a guy with a substantial work ex in a diverse environment with a fair GPA say 3.6 and above would be preferred over a person with little/no experience with a score above 700 unless he/she is having stellar credentials like representing a country for Olympics etc.
:-D

Its difficult to say. I guess as the adcom says 'you will have to evaluate the application as a whole!'. It also depends on how you fit into the school's profile and whether they think that if they admit you will accept the offer!

Often it is crapshoot also. I have a friend who got into Harvard and Wharton and was waitlisted in Kellogg!
VP
VP
Send PM
4 more working days, now news yet! I have almost written of Wharton :(
VP
VP
Send PM
What was the deadlines for the interview invites for R1?

A note from FF in the Wharton S2S:

To: ALL (15 of 92)

16276.15 in reply to 16276.13

Everybody, please calm down.

I'd like to share a few facts about the review process

All applications are read at least twice cover to cover
Applications are given to readers in weekly batches.
There are way more applications than can be dealt with in a single week by readers
There is no 'quality', geographic, professional background, etc order to the way applications are read.
Applications start the reading process ROUGHLY in the order they turn complete. But the 'batch' nature and high volume of applications means that one app could go straight to be read, but an application that went complete 5 minutes later waits another week for the next batch of reads.
the time to process an individual application is entirely random - your application might go to a fast reader, and then be handed over to another reader the next week. Or it could go to a slow reader, then sit in the admissions office for another 2 weeks before going out to a 2nd read.
Assuming the readers agree that you should be invited for an interview, it will take the back office team a day or two to issue the invitation.
So all of this means that you cannot know when your application is read, or how long the process will take. think of admissions as a long pipeline. You can stuff a lot of applications into the pipeline before you see anything out the other end. Anything coming out the other end will initially be only a trickle. Invites will continue to flow out the other end long after they have stopped being stuffed into the start.

The nature of the above process means that while a handful of invites will come out within a few weeks of the deadline, the bulk of invites will be issued towards the end of the invitation 'window. Now I know a bunch of you are already trying to put all of this into an Excel model to predict exactly when your invite will arrive. I would ask that you highlight in red the areas where there is a broad range rather than a specific number, then add these red ranges together and come up with a confidence estimate for the accuracy of your prediction, given the overall length of the interview window. There, now I think we have established that your model is next to useless in its predictive capacity. Put it aside, and just remember FF's advice 'the bulk of invitations will be issued towards the end of the invitation window'.

* This message proudly brought to you by FF's Stress Management Inc.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
I'm getting antsy about this process but I've never understood the folks who tried to find patterns according to when people's application went complete. What an exercise in futility!
VP
VP
Send PM
Any updates on W R2 invites? Still no news.
VP
VP
Send PM
The end day for Wharton is nearing! Still no news! I guess time to write of Wharton :(!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Tuesday, Wed........ Thursday...
Darn...

COME ON!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
no news yet.
today and tomorrow....

how about others?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
I'm starting to get a little antsy here. I have no idea if I'm Wharton material but I thought my essays and GMAT were strong enough for at least an interview. I'll be pretty bummed if I don't get one.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ditto.

My GMAT is not strong, but I thought I would get at least an interview invitation....

the wall was higher than I thought..
VP
VP
Send PM
Yeah... depressing! Not sure what they were looking at. I kow my GPA was weak, but I have stunning WE/ECAs and I have been working for almost 7 years.

Looks like this year the application standard has gone u, at-least in the 2nd round.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
LOL...
I checked my Junk folder and other email accounts although I know that I didn't include these email address on my application....

It is bit tough to swallow... GIVE ME MY TIME/MONEY BACK!!!
VP
VP
Send PM
died4me wrote:
LOL...
I checked my Junk folder and other email accounts although I know that I didn't include these email address on my application....

It is bit tough to swallow... GIVE ME MY TIME/MONEY BACK!!!

I am thinking of sending them a rejection letter! That way I can say that I rejected them before being rejected by them!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts