Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:53 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
Re: what to do when waitlisted? [#permalink]
ask80 wrote:
i'm waitlisted at USC. too my surprise because I thought I was for sure rejected. but is there anything I can do? write a letter? what to write about?

I am waitlisted there as well and am unsure of how to approach the waitlist. Were you interviewed? I was not interviewed but from reading other people's experiences I hear that some candidates who were interviewed were waitlisted as well. Can you share your stats?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am waitlisted at USC too...seems like they did that to a lot of people in Round 1
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dont send another rec. Rather, send in a passionately worded letter - go ahead and go a bit nuts here - use up to 2 pages single spaced, describing in detail, precisely why you want to go to the school. Be specific, be concete and sound amazingly passionate. Tell them you are happy to be on teh waitlist and know the school is right for you and by-golly you just have to go. If you havent visited and have the time and money, visit. But before you do any of this, call teh school directly and see if you can takl to someone in admissions about your waitlist. See if they offer feedback. Kellogg did - but they dont publish that fact - and you might get some very specific feedback that will help address your letter more directly.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Out of curiousity, why wouldn't one want to send an additional (strong) rec, perhaps in addition to the letter rhyme suggests?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i received an email saying that i'll have a chance to chat online with Kellee Scott, Senior Associate Director of MBA Admissions next week. i'm sure other waitlisted peoples got the email too. i'm gonna chat with her for sure and see what I can do and how to write an effective letter, which i definitely will do.

i didn't have an interview. lol i didn't know i was waitlisted until i got that email. my stats are really embarassing. :oops: USC actually is my top choice , i could care less about ucla. i want to be a trojan :twisted: and i got rejected from UCI.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ask80 did you apply in R2 for UCI? I am waiting for a response from them, but I interviewed last week so I'll probably have to wait a bit longer.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
do you mind sharing your profile? i also applied to USC but going for the Part time program
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
yes i applied round 2 at uci and got rejected like 3 weeks later at the start of the new year. i doubt i'll make it to usc even if I write a letter. but oh wells. i probably have a better chance at winning the lotto than making it usc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I really liked Kellee Scott at SC. I actually just interviewed with her on Monday.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]