Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 361 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
robbie1981 wrote:
First news: accepted at the university of texas at Austin (Mc Combs). A professor called me to say I'm in... we talked about the Phd program in Finance and the doctoral students' life.

Surprisingly we talked in Italian... :-D

congrats!!!!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
dmerandom wrote:
Duke, Marketing, Rejected 2/12

sorry to hear that... hope you get better news soon...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
While it is fun to update the results that others are getting, I'm wondering when would I update my own application results :-D

Congrats to all who have secured some places. To those who are still waiting for the 1st admit, let's all continue to keep our heads up....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have anyone heard anything from tier-1 school? [#permalink]
Have anyone heard anything from tier-1 school? It has been so quiet for a while. Any interview, admission, rejection? This waiting time is really killing me. Please update if you know something. Thanks.

Hi Tkkoh,

I did have an interview with tier B school at the same day as you did, but in different field. Haven't heard anything from them since then. I wish you hear good news soon.

Happy_v
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Here's the first rejection... from Northwestern University. Although it wasn't on of my top choices (especially due to the location)... it hurts.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
robbie1981 wrote:
Here's the first rejection... from Northwestern University. Although it wasn't on of my top choices (especially due to the location)... it hurts.

to which program in kellogg did you apply? how did you get the rejection (email,online, phone)?

i applied to kellogg as well (Management and organizations) and received no notice so far...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
PhD in Finance... I checked the Website today (yes, on Sunday), and there is a "Decision Available link", with a standard letter "signed" by the dean. No e-mails, no phone calls.

This is the proof that GMAT score and GPA (I have a 770, GPA between 3.9 and 4.0) are not the only things that matter...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
robbie1981 wrote:
PhD in Finance... I checked the Website today (yes, on Sunday), and there is a "Decision Available link", with a standard letter "signed" by the dean. No e-mails, no phone calls.

This is the proof that GMAT score and GPA (I have a 770, GPA between 3.9 and 4.0) are not the only things that matter...

Man... this would stress out future (and even current) applicants.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
robbie1981 wrote:

sorry to hear about that.... i understand you already have one admit... i hope you get few more so you can choose from...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Have anyone heard anything from tier-1 school? [#permalink]
happy_v wrote:

Hi Tkkoh,

I did have an interview with tier B school at the same day as you did, but in different field. Haven't heard anything from them since then. I wish you hear good news soon.

Happy_v

Thanks... hope you will hear something good from the school soon. I can understand how it is like, having done the i/v and then dead silence follows.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great job : Good news bad news thread [#permalink]
Hi Tkkoh !
I think you have done a great job by starting this thread and updating it regularly. It is going to be of great help to all - especially for someone who joins the forum.
Best wishes to all.
J.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
hobbit wrote:
robbie1981 wrote:

sorry to hear about that.... i understand you already have one admit... i hope you get few more so you can choose from...

Yes, I hope so.... but I feel lucky to have at least one admit.

Furthermore I have an interview with another school. I considered it a "safety" one, but a particulary famous faculty member (a so-called "financial guru") asked to personally meet my in my town (he's in Italy for a few days). So... the school brand is important, but it is not the only aspect to be evaluated in an admission offer. Each opportunity might be competitive (for instance, working with this professor would be a unique opportunity) and should be thoroughly evaluated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
rejected by Kellogg Finance, Feb 18 2007
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
financePHD2007 wrote:

Welcome to the club - sorry to hear the outcome. Do you mind posting your stats? Best wishes for your other apps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Great job : Good news bad news thread [#permalink]
john765 wrote:
Hi Tkkoh !
I think you have done a great job by starting this thread and updating it regularly. It is going to be of great help to all - especially for someone who joins the forum.
Best wishes to all.
J.

No problem at all - glad to know that it will be of use to others.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
financePHD2007 wrote:

Welcome FinancePHD2007. If you would like to share this piece of information, which other schools are you applying to? Best wishes!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Here is my profile:

MS in Quantitative Finance 3.9/4.0
BS in Financial Mathematics 3.6/4.0
GMAT: 720.

I got an offer from Minnesota on Feb 12 2007. With Kellogg gone, I have 10 to go: wharton, chicago, mit, stanford, harvard, berkeley, stern, cmu, duke,ucla. I just wanted to give a shot at the big ones.

Best of luck to all of us!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4384 posts