Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
man, you guys are super qualified. it's gonna take some luck for me to get in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It's not going to be easy,

I'm just trying to convince myself that I have no chances (but everythiime I receive a call my heart misses a beat).

Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan,

You're completely wrong to characterize a school's selection process as "racist." What they're doing is looking for diversity, not just diversity of nationality, but of work experience, personalities etc...

Imagine a business school where 90% of the students are Indians who work in IT. I wouldn't go to that school if you paid me. Likewise I wouldn't go to a business school of all American i-bankers. And I wouldn't go to a business school that was all men.

So you can call school's racist, sexist, classist, whatever you want but you're dead wrong.

GMAT scores are not the ultimate measure of a person's worthiness to get into business school (although I wish they were, because then I would be a shoe-in at most schools), so if someone with a low GMAT is accepted because they have interesting work experience, or an unusual background, you can't say they don't deserve to be at the school while someone who has a very generic profile and a high GMAT deserves to be there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm currently on the Stanford GSB waitlist.. Good enough to still be in the game at Stanford but not good enough to get a Sloan interview...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
saturnring11 wrote:
I'm currently on the Stanford GSB waitlist.. Good enough to still be in the game at Stanford but not good enough to get a Sloan interview...

Invited to interview by HBS and dinged (without interview) by MIT, here...

Cheers. L.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any R2 interview requests yet? Has anyone heard anything?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
With 740+ GMAT scores you guys are dinged? This is scary... :(
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Haven't heard anything yet either. Although from what I've gleaned from spending the last ten thousand hours on this forum, it sounds like those who are interviewed at MIT are applicants who have reached an advanced stage of the process, so I imagine MIT invites go out a little later than most schools while they sift through all the apps. This is speculation of course.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Agree, they are very selective in their Interview invitation process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
One month ago, everythime the phone rang my heart missed a beat. Right now, it misses between 3 and 4 beats, especially whenever I receive an international call, because my f$·$&%· phone doesn't recognize where they come from. The other day my girlfriend, who's living in another country, even apologized for calling me.

I hate this situation.

By the way, in admissions411 there are three US people who seemed to be interviewed by MIT in 2nd round. That was some weeks ago and nothing has happened since then.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rejects [#permalink]
Hi,

I have applied for the R2 in MIT. Havent heard from them. They havent sent a reject even. Although Iam sure they will be sending out soon.

Initially I thought I stood a good chance. But looking at the people with admits and interview calls, I am sure I wont make it in.

GMAT 730
Work Ex 6.5 years IT

For people with admits and interview calls, Congratulations and wish you all the very best.

-me
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Rejects [#permalink]
rajiv_av wrote:
Hi,

I have applied for the R2 in MIT. Havent heard from them. They havent sent a reject even. Although Iam sure they will be sending out soon.

Initially I thought I stood a good chance. But looking at the people with admits and interview calls, I am sure I wont make it in.

GMAT 730
Work Ex 6.5 years IT

For people with admits and interview calls, Congratulations and wish you all the very best.

-me

I do not think that they have actively started sending out the invites yet. Keep fingers crossed, pray and hope for the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
is interview really that important?
I mean it seems more than 50% of people get an interview?

I think the only difference is that the adcom read your application before the interview!

Judging from some of the stories of people getting rejected after the interview, I don't think interview from any school, even from MIT, means very much...
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
You don't think an interview means very much? Well if you're right, and 50% of people are interviewed, then I would say what an interview means is it means that you're not part of the entire half of applicants that were dinged without an interview.

According to the MIT ad-coms they only interview people who have reached an advanced stage of the applications process.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
You don't think an interview means very much? Well if you're right, and 50% of people are interviewed, then I would say what an interview means is it means that you're not part of the entire half of applicants that were dinged without an interview.

According to the MIT ad-coms they only interview people who have reached an advanced stage of the applications process.

I agree. Interview is a very imp step. If you do not Intv,... means that u are out of the game.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think i was misunderstood.

I think interview is a necessary step, but I don't believe it is a big deal to get an interview... getting interview doesn't mean your chance is that much better...

maybe i am just a sour grape of the ppl who got invited to interview, but getting a MIT interview meant nothing in my mind!!
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
jchen1731 wrote:
I think i was misunderstood.

I think interview is a necessary step, but I don't believe it is a big deal to get an interview... getting interview doesn't mean your chance is that much better...

maybe i am just a sour grape of the ppl who got invited to interview, but getting a MIT interview meant nothing in my mind!!

Depends on the school! For schools like Kellogg it is not a big deal, as they interview almost everyone. Schools like Wharton are a bit more selective in sending out their invites, but not as stringesnt as HBS or MIT. Therefore, getting an invite from HBS and MIT means that you are very competitive in their application pool!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7