Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck, all you who applied.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am waiting as well, got all excited thinking the decision was here but I'll just have to wait another week and a half, at least it's almost here.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
As you can tell by my post, I received the email too. Oh well I will be waiting another 2 weeks. Doubt Ill get any sleep the night of the 11th! :roll:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I too am R3 for Kenan-Flagler. I am really tepid on the school. I want to go into equity research on the buy side and have already been admitted to Wisconsin ASAP Program. While, UNC has a higher overall ranking, I believe the ASAP Concentration is much better than UNC's Investment Management Concentration.

Anways, I am still excited to find out the outcome on March 12. Getting in will only make me feel better about my chances at Yale & NYU in April.

Did anyone else choose to do a telephone interview as opposed to campus visit?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Read the SmartMoney article from Jan on Wisconsin. I think there positives and negatives to ASAP. I know Fidelity recruits pretty strongly at UNC. Wisconsin claims that they go there as well, but I don't see the Businessweek "top hiring firm" info to support Wisconsin's claims of 2 a year to this place and that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I guess you can include me in the waiting room too. I was waitlisted for R2 so I'm supposed to get another decision on Mar 12. Since the waitlist notification, I 've written an affirmation letter to the adcomm and had a couple of my first year friends put in a good word. We'll see...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm waiting to hear from UNC as well. I thought I had a very good interview when I visited, though you can never tell what they think. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
So I wasn't the only person whose heart skipped a beat after seeing that email...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys and gals

Good to you all. I know the coming two weeks will be hard to bear. But I am rooting for you all.

They have soem impressive candidates lined up in the earlier rounds but the best part would be to have fellow GMATClubbers there.

All the best and God Speed
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mark4124 wrote:
Read the SmartMoney article from Jan on Wisconsin. I think there positives and negatives to ASAP. I know Fidelity recruits pretty strongly at UNC. Wisconsin claims that they go there as well, but I don't see the Businessweek "top hiring firm" info to support Wisconsin's claims of 2 a year to this place and that.

Mark,

You will not get much useful data from looking at placement stats for the overall Wisconsin MBA Program. If you google Wisconsin ASAP, you will find a web page devoted to the program that lists of companies who has recently hired from ASAP (sorry can't post a link yet). The big plus of the program is that these students are placed in IM, so if you are serious about that as a career choice it provides an advantage over other schools (non top 7). My fear is that while UNC does have some placement in IM, it doesn't have a strong presence and I think the resources may be less than those devoted towards the ASAP Program.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
My concern is what if you got to b-school and decided you want to go into corporate finance or something... Granted I don't think I will do this... but who knows. I want to have the option. I think that would be much harder at Wisconsin. But of course I am still educating myself and I will look at the resource you indicated. The head of Fidelity Equities research is on the board of the IM program at UNC though. I might not have it right with Wisconsin... but I think that you are underestimating UNC as well.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]