Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:38 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
If it has anything to do with your GMAT score, it isn't anything you can change now. IE - 700 is cool for any school. If there problem is you sat it several times, you can't really change that.

In fact, on the whole, you seem to be hugely overweighing the GMAT in this whole thing.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i wish i could help dude.. but in the same boat as u!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Ozmba2006,

My heart goes out to you man, it truly does. I know you want a concrete answer as to why you were dinged - your GPA was 2% too low, your GMAT 10 points below the mean, etc - something concrete. In reality, these things are so incredibly subjective there's no good reason to assume it's because of any one thing you did - or didn't do.

Do not despair - it is important to remember who random this is - admission411 shows that, the guy who gets in at Harvard but gets denied at Cornell - or the guy who gets into Kellogg and Chicago but gets denied at Wharton, etc - there is almost no correlation whatsoever among the data, and it shows one thing: There is always an element of randomness in this process.

Originally posted by rhyme on 08 Mar 2007, 09:26.
Last edited by rhyme on 08 Mar 2007, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
3underscore wrote:
If it has anything to do with your GMAT score, it isn't anything you can change now. IE - 700 is cool for any school. If there problem is you sat it several times, you can't really change that.

In fact, on the whole, you seem to be hugely overweighing the GMAT in this whole thing.

100% agree with you analysis.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Ozmba2006,

My heart goes out to you man, it truly does. I know you want a concrete answer as to why you were dinged - your GPA was 2% too low, your GMAT 10 points below the mean, etc - something concrete. In reality, these things are so incredibly subjective there's no good reason to assume it's because of any one thing you did - or didn't do.

Do not despair - it is important to remember who random this is - admission411 shows that, the guy who gets in at Harvard but gets denied at Cornell - or the guy who gets into Kellogg and Chicago but gets denied at Wharton, etc - there is almost no correlation whatsoever among the data, and it shows one thing: There is always an element of randomness in this process.

Thanks mate....Much appreciated

I need to accept the randomness associated with the whole process... ..Hindsight i should have applied to 5 or 6 schools across R1 and R2 with out sacrificing the Quality of my Application..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ozmba,
I am so disappointed :cry: As I was telling Willget, try not to take it personal. The applicat. process is so random that you will never know why you really did not make it and more likely than not the reasons are out of your control anyway. Its not about wheter you are qualified, we all know you are. Are you waiting for more decisions?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sorry ozzie, i was really hoping you get in and we can get wasted at the Grande and celebrate your admit...having received nothing but dings this season, I feel for you. But like others said...to both you and willget:

Never, Ever give up!!

Cheers
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
EconGirl wrote:
Ozmba,
I am so disappointed :cry: As I was telling Willget, try not to take it personal. The applicat. process is so random that you will never know why you really did not make it and more likely than not the reasons are out of your control anyway. Its not about wheter you are qualified, we all know you are. Are you waiting for more decisions?

Thanks Econgirl.....I am still waiting for 2 more...after this ding i am looking for 2008 application

Hey gmatmba....where are you dude...disappeared from the forum

I hope we will get a chance to binge drink once you get any admit....

cheers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oz, really sorry to hear about the ding. I thought you were in at Duke for sure. When I met you that wknd, I thought you would be an asset to any school - seriously. You have a great personality and seem to be very sharp. Its a shame that schools have quotas for different nationalities.

Good luck for your other schools whether this year or 2008!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sorry to hear that. Hope you have good luck with your pending decisions, or with your apps next year.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]