Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
jainan24 wrote:
Add another WL , I just found out, man this year sucks

Also got Columbia Ding today

Plus India is also out of cricket WORLD cup, TERRRIBLE DAY

For such a huge country, not being able to put up a good team is terribly dissapointing. I'm really starting to wonder if all this is fixed...too much money involved nowadays.

Sorry about WL, The door is still open though! Cornell is pretty bad yields, so there is still a good chance.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nsentra, keep working on your waitlist. You will improve your odds by showing them more love.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nsentra, keep working on your waitlist. You will improve your odds by showing them more love. Good Luck !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
argh, waitlist!

It seems they gave very few dings and more waitlist/accepts. I'm thinking about taking my gmat over again. Got 2 more months til they give final decision.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Waitlist here!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
waitlist sucks! ( i know this from my own experience)

Good luck!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
It sure seems like Cornell used the WL pretty liberally this round, especially considering how late in the game it is already for this year. I suspect that they received many quality applications in the first few rounds, and made offers that weren't accepted so they are concerned with their yield at this point.

In other words, I blame Rhyme 100% for all the WLists this round.

Good luck to you all.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
It sure seems like Cornell used the WL pretty liberally this round, especially considering how late in the game it is already for this year. I suspect that they received many quality applications in the first few rounds, and made offers that weren't accepted so they are concerned with their yield at this point.

Good luck to you all.

I hate to not support Peli's positive analysis, but according to a current Johnson student, Cornell's yield is actually in particularly good shape this year. Historically, it's been well below 50%. For Rs 1 & 2, it was up into the 60s.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
pelihu wrote:

Good luck to you all.

I hate to not support Peli's positive analysis, but according to a current Johnson student, Cornell's yield is actually in particularly good shape this year. Historically, it's been well below 50%. For Rs 1 & 2, it was up into the 60s.

Phew... thank goodness, or I might have been attacked by an angry mob of gmatclubbers.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Looks like I am the lone Ding after interview on the Gmatclub. Glad I could differentiate myself. :cry:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:
Looks like I am the lone Ding after interview on the Gmatclub. Glad I could differentiate myself. :cry:

I'm sorry to hear that squali. Truly, I am... keep the spirits up!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:

squali, at least now you can relax and look forward to schools that already showed you some love! I still have yet to experience that feeling. :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's too bad Squali, probably nothing more than bad luck.

Regarding the yield, I'm really confused by the numbers this year. All these schools are reporting application increases, and from what I've heard yield is ahead of historical averages as well, but GMAT testing volume was more or less flat. Where the heck are all these people coming from?

I was thinking that with flat GMAT volume, the increased app numbers would result in reduced yield and potentially a lot of movement on WLists, but it seems that hasn't been the case. I don't get it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:

Regarding the yield, I'm really confused by the numbers this year. All these schools are reporting application increases, and from what I've heard yield is ahead of historical averages as well, but GMAT testing volume was more or less flat. Where the heck are all these people coming from?

I was thinking that with flat GMAT volume, the increased app numbers would result in reduced yield and potentially a lot of movement on WLists, but it seems that hasn't been the case. I don't get it.

Koh writes:

"The large increase in applications to Ross can, in part, be attributed to an increase in the number of applications submitted by each prospective student. The upshot is that each of our admits is likely to have many options so we'll need to work hard to recruit them to Ross."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
but gmat scores re valid for more than 5 years
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
died4me wrote:
pelihu wrote:

Koh writes:

"The large increase in applications to Ross can, in part, be attributed to an increase in the number of applications submitted by each prospective student. The upshot is that each of our admits is likely to have many options so we'll need to work hard to recruit them to Ross."

So thats a good sign for WL.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
squali83 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that squali. Truly, I am... keep the spirits up!

Thanks guys, anytime I need some support this forum is there ....it is like AA for Dings!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4