Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Agree with jaynayak... I think u can make it ! :) U have to trust in it... It will work :D :)

Good luck in anything u will do :D :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: cant believe the journey [#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
I was just not cut for the competetion in MBA. My profile sadly was just not good enough. I am just not smart enough.

Warm regards, and all the best to you all for the future!!! I am sure I will be seeing quite a few guys as CEO's in the future!

I don't blame you for being disappointed, but you need to keep your chin up. I strongly disagree with what you wrote above. If you think that all of the people rejected from business schools just weren't "smart enough" then you have clearly not been paying attention. Business schools want a lot of things, including diversity in work experience, accomplishments, and ideas, etc., but getting the "smartest" people possible is not the primary objective.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Best wishes, willget800. In my opinion, one year is of very little consequence compared to the benefits you will enjoy over the course of your career. If this additional time helps you become a better person, professionally and personally, so be it.

I will sound like a philosopher here, but I personally believe that we must get things when we are ready for them.

Keep visiting us.

thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
Re: cant believe the journey [#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
Guys and Gals,

I was just not cut for the competetion in MBA. My profile sadly was just not good enough. I am just not smart enough.

Warm regards, and all the best to you all for the future!!! I am sure I will be seeing quite a few guys as CEO's in the future!

I would recommend do not give up.... there is always some light at the end of tunnel...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I know quite a few people that were not admitted to any schools in their first attempt, but secured spots at elites/ultra-elites in their second attempt. If you believe the MBA degree and experience are valuable enough, you should utilize your experience from this year and give it another shot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Willget,
In my opinion you should not give up. I know how it feels. I tried for admission into the IIMs (in India) three times. I was dinged all the three times, despite being in the top 2% of 150,000+ test takers.
It felt miserable for a few days, but then I've put the failure beside me. :)
Try again and I'm sure you'll make it to a great school.
The people who quit, did not know how close they were to success.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]