Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dude, I don't mean to sound curt or rude, but I would just move on. If I had a date with Lindsay Lohan I wouldn't be worried about the reason Halle Berry turned me down :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
agsfaltex wrote:
zagros, congrats on getting into Kellog. Most of the schools do not have feedback sessions until after the admissions season is over. In most cases, this means after May. I'm also a bit unaware of the process, but I think it's conducted by someone from the Adcom and they discuss areas where you can improve to increase your chances as a re-applicant.

and don't forget that there is a good chance that they won't tell you the real reasons behind the ding, they have to cover their a33 too. so at best these feedback sessions are valuable to re-applicants who can mention these weaknesses in their next year's applications.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
I had feedback from Kellogg at the waitlist stage. Frankly, it was meaningless. The woman basically came out and said "Sometimes we just waitlist people to see what R2 looks like", in short, there was no reason for my waitlist - nothing concrete, someone just couldn't make up their mind one way or another. I dont imagine you'd get something much more tangible from a ding feedback. Close the door and move on. Plus, think of all the applicants that actually really really want feedback because they didnt get in anywhere...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="londonluddite"]Dude, I don't mean to sound curt or rude, but I would just move on. If I had a date with Lindsay Lohan I wouldn't be worried about the reason Halle Berry turned me down :-D[/quote]

LOL good one!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
londonluddite wrote:
Dude, I don't mean to sound curt or rude, but I would just move on. If I had a date with Lindsay Lohan I wouldn't be worried about the reason Halle Berry turned me down :-D

But what if you could them BOTH? :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
londonluddite wrote:

But what if you could them BOTH? :)

You can´t. They're both monogamous. And they expect you to show up at home on a daily basis at least from Mon through Friday. :lol:

Cheers. L.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
I know a guy who had a feedback session at Cornell, and he said it was really helpful. He got a lot of info that he could use to improve further applications. And I think that's probably the point: getting into business school is really a special bird. Future employers won't ask you to write essays about your hobbies or your upbringing. Once you've gotten into b-school, I can't imagine they would care what your freshman GPA was. I think that much of the feedback you're likely to receive will only help you become a better b-school applicant, not a better person in general. I suppose there might be exceptions -- it would be good to know that you came off like an arrogant creep in your interview, but my guess is that the adcoms stick to "safer" criticisms anyway.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]