Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
So, I got this mail from MIT regarding their masters engg. course in SCM and logistics. I've been asked to apply online for that course with my application fee waived coz i'd applied for the MBA@ Sloan in R1( and got a ding:(). However, I'd indicated on my MBA application that my focus would be on an MBA with Ops,SCM and logistics. Just wondering how a separate division of MIT ( in no relation with Sloan) could invite my application for their program, especially since any such student communication from MIT is very very rare!!!

Did any others receive this mail or is it just that the Sloan adcom fwdd my application to MIT after they decided to ding me without interview?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbadart07 wrote:
So, I got this mail from MIT regarding their masters engg. course in SCM and logistics. I've been asked to apply online for that course with my application fee waived coz i'd applied for the MBA@ Sloan in R1( and got a ding:(). However, I'd indicated on my MBA application that my focus would be on an MBA with Ops,SCM and logistics. Just wondering how a separate division of MIT ( in no relation with Sloan) could invite my application for their program, especially since any such student communication from MIT is very very rare!!!

Did any others receive this mail or is it just that the Sloan adcom fwdd my application to MIT after they decided to ding me without interview?

Yeah I got the same email, but no info about application fee being waived. Did you interview for SLoan R1?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
@sm,

Nope, i did not get an interview invite from Sloan. Infact, to quote from their mail..

"MLOG and ZLOG programs are focused alternatives to a standard general business MBA. And there is still time to apply for Fall 2007 and qualify for full and partial scholarships, fellowships, and financial aid! Plus, since you've already applied to an MIT graduate program, the application fee is waived."

I am surprised that you got the mail but did not've this stuff about the waiver. I have asked them for the details but it sure is a loooong shot for me. The program is excellent but is an intensive 1-year course with top-placements. But they require lots work experience, the avg is around 7yrs. They've a class of around 30-40 students and all of their profiles are simply amazing.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got the same, R1 ding and now fee waived for the other program.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Funny. I got same MLOG/ZLOG stuff, but no fee waiver. Applied for MBA R2, and I also did indicate that I'm interested in SCM.

Maybe the waiver is for those who are already dinged by Sloan? I wonder what is the logic behind this.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I didn't apply to Sloan. I got a fee waiver for ZLOG but not MLOG. Weird.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
braindancer wrote:
Funny. I got same MLOG/ZLOG stuff, but no fee waiver. Applied for MBA R2, and I also did indicate that I'm interested in SCM.

Maybe the waiver is for those who are already dinged by Sloan? I wonder what is the logic behind this.

I got the same email. I read that multiple times - but no waiver.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
braindancer wrote:

I got the same email. I read that multiple times - but no waiver.

I got the same email but Application Fee was NOT Waived. Did not respond to it.

Two days later, I got the same email on my second email account, this time Application Fee being Waived because i had already applied to MIT. What a crap...I guess they are having hard time to fill their class as it is a new program. I hate how prestigious universities run their programs these days.....like ordinary businesses...freakin WALMART. Buy one get one free. Come to our LFM program, take two degrees for the same price....and now MLOG, ZLOG blah blah...

and pelihu, why did they waive your application fee for ZLOG...that program is based in spain...are you a spanish citizen? just curious.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dinged w/o interview.

Ukrainian; 3.15 GPA; 760 GMAT; 6 years IT w/exp; solid extracurriculars.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
braindancer wrote:
Dinged w/o interview.

Ukrainian; 3.15 GPA; 760 GMAT; 6 years IT w/exp; solid extracurriculars.

Aww man, that's too bad. MIT is really tough - I was afraid to even apply.

haddy74 - I didn't see your question earlier. I have no idea why they offered me a waiver for ZLOG; I have no connections to Spain at all. In fact, I was thinking that if they had offered a waiver to the MLOG, I might have applied (I was really nervous about decisions at that time).
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I feel your pain braindancer, just got my official ding (no surprise, no interview).

Had a little shred of hope that I might get a spot on the waitlist even though I wasn't interviewed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Another ding: 710/3.7/6 yrs WE/PhD/several patents and publications/working in alternate enrgy start up.

They said in letter that more than 3000 apply for 324 spots, so I guess their selectivity is like at most 13-14% takign into account the yield.

And clearly mentioned don't bother us for feedback.

Anyway I will take pleasure in the fact that at least I was good enough to apply.

I hope CMU comes through for me, interview on 04/06

So far: DINGS: Yale, Columbia, MIT
Waitlist: NYU, Cornell
Offers: Simon, Smith
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
keep the faith guys!

MIT does seem to have a pretty tough admission procedure

best of luck!
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah, the "no feedback" policy is quite frustrating.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I realize this would probably sound overly simplistic to an ad-com, but really, couldn't they just write one or two sentences at the time the decision is made? For instance, I'm not sure if MIT sits around in a committee or if Rod Garcia makes all the calls, but at the point that the decision is made, couldn't they take ten seconds to scribble down something like "Career goals didn't seem clear, bad interview, no community service," or maybe something like, "Concerns about quantitative ability."

But I guess that would probably give them some sort of exposure, I'm sure there are some people out there that would follow up and split hairs with them or possibly launch a lawsuit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
I realize this would probably sound overly simplistic to an ad-com, but really, couldn't they just write one or two sentences at the time the decision is made? For instance, I'm not sure if MIT sits around in a committee or if Rod Garcia makes all the calls, but at the point that the decision is made, couldn't they take ten seconds to scribble down something like "Career goals didn't seem clear, bad interview, no community service," or maybe something like, "Concerns about quantitative ability."

But I guess that would probably give them some sort of exposure, I'm sure there are some people out there that would follow up and split hairs with them or possibly launch a lawsuit.

and what's more infuriating is this "snooty" message they include with the regret letter

"P.S. Unfortunately we cannot conduct post-evaluative interviews with candidates we could not admit. As you can imagine, with over 3,000 applicants that procedure would consume almost the full-time attention of two employees. We are simply not staffed to be able to provide that service.
"

As if trying to say..."Hey! you tried! now buzz off!!!"

grrrr %#$%$#&%^&*^%

I believe that can be worded more politely
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sooo sorry for those of you hearing bad news!!! I know it can be tough... heck, i experience it myself as well... it's awefully cold sometimes!!

Hopefully, you guys got into other schools and best of luck!!!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7