Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 317 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 317 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would suggest retaking the 1st GMATPrep. You will probably encounter some of the questions you saw the first time. Don't worry about it, if you answer them right, you will see harder questions (700 level). This would give you a good practice before taking the 2nd GMATPrep.

At this point in your preparation and with the time you have left for the exam, it might not be advisible to buy the challenges. I would focus on re-taking the GMATPrep a couple of times and participate on this site.

Originally posted by positive soul on 05 Apr 2007, 05:53.
Last edited by positive soul on 05 Apr 2007, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the tip. I'll take the 1st one over again this weekend and post the results. My first exam was a disaster bc I was totally off on the timing. I've been working really hard on the timing so now I don't sweat that too much.

/Sigh, I just got done with a grueling 5 hours of studying today (after a full day in the office) and I'm wiped out. I've been making "mock" exams from the OG11 with 90 questions - 45 Math/45 Verbal. Been doing this for the past few days and I've been scoring consistently high with Verbal - maybe from 3-5 mistakes out of 45. But when I get to the Quant, I'm ranging from 5-13 missed problems out of 45! UGH! (I've done this 45/45 setup 4 times now). Anyway, I'm hoping just loads of practice will break the mark...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok, well I took your advice and just finished GMATPrep test. I scored 680 (Q47, V37) which totally shocked me!! I'm still a bit stunned because I honestly felt like I BOMBED Quant and that Verbal was doing alright...

Also, I realized that I wasn't quite used to the CAT style and even my timing wasn't ideal. I had to guess the last problems of both the Quant and the Verbal section due to time shortage. UGH!

Question: Is the format of the CAT just like the GMATPrep software? More specifically, for the Verbal section, is the format where you have to read LONG lines accross the screen from left to right? I found this quite challenging to get used to since I'm more used to reading more "block" style found in books, magazines, etc. Just curious

Soo... I have 3 more CAT exams available (that shouldn't have too much overlap) to take before the real deal...10 days and counting!!

At this point I'd be happy to break 700 and I'm slowly coming around to the idea of maybe having to take it twice. I can feel the pressure really building up and I know I need to relax more.

Well I need to review my questions now and see where I went wrong. Hopefully that will give me a better picture of where to concentrate for the remaining 10 days... at this point I'm all ears for suggestions...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
The GMATPrep and the real GMAT software are exactly similar. The later one will just present u new screens of form to complete before & after. :)

Also, all depend on the resolution of your screen. In the real GMAT, I got a 17' at 1024x728 :).... I just adjusted the lightness that was at top power and killed since a first glance my eyes...

I suggest u to think of it once in front of your test center's screen. It would be terrible to remain a screen that hurts your eyes during 4 hours :)

Good luck to u ! :D :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Fig! Yea, turns out that I didn't adjust my resolution correctly so that's why everything just seemed SO small! /Bonk, that was my mistake. I think after a couple more attempts with the software I should be pretty used to it by test day. I'm working on a list of some of the Quant questions that threw me off during the exam so expect a post soon on that for all those people who are bored and love working Quant questions hahah...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok....continuing on my previous post... i have a question to ask for those of you have already taken the GMAT.

I take my exam in 4 days (so too late to delay). This will be my first attempt and I've only taken one GMATPrep exam and scored 680 (Q47, V37). This was about a week ago and suddenly realized that my SCs were a HUGE weakness.

I recently got my hands on the Manhattan SC book (it's great!) and I have a solid error log...so my question is this, how would you spend your remaining days before the exam? I've heard over and over again about relaxing the day before but I'm afraid I won't be able to get through everything before then. I'd like to finish the Manhattan SC book (I also have the OG10 to follow), take the other GMATPrep exam, and review/redo my error log from all of my OG11 questions. If it requires to study on Sunday (test is Monday) to finish all the above, do you think it's worth it? Or would it better to commit to giving myself a full 24 hours of absolutely NO GMAT prep?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm trying to hit 720+ ...could be a stretch but I'm willing to take it again if need be.../sigh
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]