Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:38 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, its been 25 days since i left my job!! I'd been having lots of problems managing my work and attending to a medical emergency in my house that I had to quit this early. My mother got diagonised with blood cancer in Jan and for the past 3 months it had been pretty hectic with work getting stressful on side and things hanging in balance on the other. Took leave for many days and finally i decided that my 1st priority is to take care of my mother. It is very frustrating and sometimes very boring to sit out of work. Somehow i manage to keep myself from getting into depression by reading books and listening to music while i' at the hospital. Only good thing is that I already'd an admit and most probably 'll be attending that if i dont get to convert my waitlists at CMU & purdue, although the costs associated with these schools are beyond my reach if i dont get any financial assistance.

On the positive side, after battling for her life thro the past few weeks ( she literally went to the brink of it!!) especially the first few days, my mother is on the recovery mode. There is treatment left for another month or two after which only things can be made clear. In all hopes, with the power of the one above us assisting her, she should make it through well. Since my dad has to join work in a few days time, I decided to take care of my mother till she recovers completely. If that happens within time, then I can start off for my mba with a better mental disposition.

Though I havent posted for quite a while here, I've beeen reading the forums whenever i get some time off. Finally i'd the time to share my status :) . GMATclub has been wonderful and continues to rock with lots of our clubbers getting multiple admits( missed a whole lot of congratulating the stars here and sharing the pain of the dings!! ) Keep up the good work guys. I hope to see some of you when i make my trip to the US. :-D

Cheers
dart
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbadart07 wrote:
Well, its been 25 days since i left my job!! I'd been having lots of problems managing my work and attending to a medical emergency in my house that I had to quit this early. My mother got diagonised with blood cancer in Jan and for the past 3 months it had been pretty hectic with work getting stressful on side and things hanging in balance on the other. Took leave for many days and finally i decided that my 1st priority is to take care of my mother. It is very frustrating and sometimes very boring to sit out of work. Somehow i manage to keep myself from getting into depression by reading books and listening to music while i' at the hospital. Only good thing is that I already'd an admit and most probably 'll be attending that if i dont get to convert my waitlists at CMU & purdue, although the costs associated with these schools are beyond my reach if i dont get any financial assistance.

On the positive side, after battling for her life thro the past few weeks ( she literally went to the brink of it!!) especially the first few days, my mother is on the recovery mode. There is treatment left for another month or two after which only things can be made clear. In all hopes, with the power of the one above us assisting her, she should make it through well. Since my dad has to join work in a few days time, I decided to take care of my mother till she recovers completely. If that happens within time, then I can start off for my mba with a better mental disposition.

Though I havent posted for quite a while here, I've beeen reading the forums whenever i get some time off. Finally i'd the time to share my status :) . GMATclub has been wonderful and continues to rock with lots of our clubbers getting multiple admits( missed a whole lot of congratulating the stars here and sharing the pain of the dings!! ) Keep up the good work guys. I hope to see some of you when i make my trip to the US. :-D

Cheers
dart

Sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be praying for her recovery.

Hopefully, she'll recover before you start your studies.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
At mid of December 07 in order to enter in January 08. :)

I will still have holidays to take... 2 weeks I believe, so it will be at the middle of December that my work will be finished in fact even if on the papper, it will be written the end of December.

Normally, my company would agree to fire me. In France, once u are fired, u can recieve 57% of your brut former salary during the first 6 months. Then, it progressevely dicreases. Without revenues, this money would be very useful. :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatclb wrote:
mbadart07 wrote:

Cheers
dart

Sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be praying for her recovery.

Hopefully, she'll recover before you start your studies.

Yes... Same feelings here... Just out of words for it...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbadart07 wrote:

Cheers
dart

Dart,
We are all praying for your mom. I really hope she gets fine soon. Congrats on Fisher! It's a great school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dart - all the best for your mom. Hope she makes a speedy and full recovery!

For me, my last day is April 27. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dart,

I am so sorry to hear that.
you are an awesome son!!!

I will keep your mom on my prayer!

Congrats on Fisher! OSU rocks! you are going to have a lot of fun with both Football and basket ball seasons!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Extremely sorry to hear that. Hopefully, everything will work out for the better. Congrats on Fisher!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
batchgmat wrote:
Dart - all the best for your mom. Hope she makes a speedy and full recovery!

For me, my last day is April 27. :-D

Seriously? 3 months off before school? Nice!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Date of resignation: As soon as I get my visa stamped.

Dart,

Tell your mother to get well soon so that she too can see her son's success.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
When I told my boss I was leaving he freaked because I'm managing a project thats pretty critical to my group and that noone besides myself really understands it. As a result I was able to negotiate a pretty sweat deal. I get paid until the end of June, but start working remotely in mid-May and only have to stick around until the project ends (hopefully early June). If things go off track I'll be working until the end of June. Also, to provide additional incentive he's paying me a mid-year bonus even though my company usually doesn't have those.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
I put in my resignation on Saturday...except that my last day isn't until July 13....Friday the 13th!!!!

I just can't afford to be without pay for that long, so I'm getting about 2 1/2 weeks before staring math camp. But giving 90+ days of notice means that I will get paid for two extra pay periods. So that'll really be helpful.

Dart - I think we're all pulling for both of you. When you get settled in columbus, check out Yellow Springs, OH. It's a very neat little town.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dart, sorry to hear about your mom....i wish her a full and speedy recovery....as Jay said..you are an awesome son and should be damn proud of yourself!

good luck with your WL decisions...i hope they come through
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbadart07 wrote:

Cheers
dart

We are praying for your mom's speedy recovery. Hope things get better soon.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
Re: When are you quitting? [#permalink]
yb wrote:
As every day passes, work seems to get less and less attractive. I want to take 2-3 months off before I matriculate but a part of me feels guilty in doing so. For all matriculating in Fall 07, what is your plan?

Yeah man.. tell me about it. I went to my manager to request for some more challenging tasks, as I am totally bored.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
As of right now, Thursday, July 12th will be my last day. Orientation starts August 6th.

Dart,
Hope all the best for your Mom.

Also good luck on the WLs. No matter what though, you have OSU in the bag - its a great school and I think youll enjoy it very much there.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbadart07 wrote:

Cheers
dart

I hope every thing will be fine. I will pray for her quick recovery.

Can relate your pain as i had to deal with the same few years back

All the best for your admit as well
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4