Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I see... The deadline is too near... :)

I think u have several positive points in your profil :)... Crossed fingers here & give your maximum, it will pay off ! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Fig! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Summer3,

I am impressed.... Congratulations! :-D
Given the circumstances you were in, I would not have been able to score 600. Rather I would not have been brave enough to think about taking the GMAT. You obviousy have not let your circumstances pull you down. You deserve to be proud :king and thank you for sharing your experience with us - This is inspirational, I suddenly feel as if I don't have much to focus on apart from the GMAT.

So your GMAT score's done its job to keep you in the race for admissions to your target B-School. The strength of the rest of your admission package is going to be the deciding factor for you - You have more control on that than on the GMAT. And you have quite a story to tell... go knock'em dead girl :arh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Summer, well done !!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Summer,

That sounds like a competitive score for the program you are targeting. And you seem to have done quite well inspite of the fever and lack of sleep. Lack of sleep itself is known to bring down upto 100 points.

Good luck with the application!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Vikramjeet, londonluddite and hsampath for your kind words! It is in deed help from friends like you and others in this forum which made me to go for it!

Thanks again. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1012 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Summer3 :)

I think lack of sleep really got you. Nevertheless, congratz on ending your GMAT. I think 600 will keep you in the race and your academic background (3.6!! two masters!! + work exp.) should give you an edge. Best of luck in your application! :-D

To be honest, you would've done MUCH better had it weren't for the lack of sleep. I really think GMAT is also a test of stamina. Nearly 4 hrs!!

Btw, if you're living in Japan (I see you're applying to schools in Japan???), then you are closer geographically than I thought. I'm right next, in South Korea. :)

Cheers :)
ricokevin
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow ricokevin! This forum really binds people from all over the world together!

Yes, I live in Japan but I am not a Japanese. :) What are you doing in Korea? Are you a student there, or moved to Korea for other purpose or a Korean? :)

You are right that GMAT is a test of stamina. Now I feel sorry for other people here who mentioned that they could not sleep just before the test. I can understand how it feels.

You too are going to take it in few days, right? My only advice is: please take proper rest at least one week before the test. This really makes a big difference!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1012 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Summer3 wrote:
Wow ricokevin! This forum really binds people from all over the world together!

Yes, I live in Japan but I am not a Japanese. :) What are you doing in Korea? Are you a student there, or moved to Korea for other purpose or a Korean? :)

You are right that GMAT is a test of stamina. Now I feel sorry for other people here who mentioned that they could not sleep just before the test. I can understand how it feels.

You too are going to take it in few days, right? My only advice is: please take proper rest at least one week before the test. This really makes a big difference!

I'm Korean. :)
Been living here for about 4 yrs after living abroad for 11 yrs.
Attended an int'l school for my elementary, middle, and high school education. So I guess I'm half Korean. :)
I'm an undergrad, currently doing my mandatory military service.

Yes, I should practice getting good sleeps a week before the exam to gauge how I feel the next day.

My exam is early May. It was originally on March 27th but postponded it after sudden lack of confidence in math. I didn't want to go in there with uncertainties so I paid my $50.

I'm looking forward to writing a "feeling great" gmat experience post early May. :-D

Thank you for your help in my posts and for your advice.

:-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well 600 is not an excellent score but its not a bad score as well. you can say that its a descent score.This does not means that you are an average student. scores are not the indicators of whether one student is outstanding ,average or below average.I hope this helps

Javed.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Javed for your comments. Since my school requires 595 as an average score I guess my application will be considered. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh yes, I forgot to share one more news with my friends here.

I went to take my IELTS academic module test on March 31st and April 1st, just few days back. Today I got my result. My overall score is 7.5 in it. I got 7.5 in Reading, 7.5 in Listening, 7 in Writing and 8 in Speaking.

My school's requirement is 7 in IELTS. :)
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Summer3 wrote:
Oh yes, I forgot to share one more news with my friends here.

I went to take my IELTS academic module test on March 31st and April 1st, just few days back. Today I got my result. My overall score is 7.5 in it. I got 7.5 in Reading, 7.5 in Listening, 7 in Writing and 8 in Speaking.

My school's requirement is 7 in IELTS. :)

Excellent ! :)... All is green now, u can go ahead :D :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Fig. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes!!!! I got my AWA essay score today and it is 5.5 (87%). I am very happy with my analytical writing score :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
My result is here!!! I applied to only IUJ, Japan (my dream B-School) and I am going to join it this year :-)

I thank you all my friends here especially fig, ricokevin and many others for their great help and support.

Many many thanks!!!
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
He he ! :D :D :)

Excellent news ! :)... Your journey is finally done ! :D :D :).... Congratulations !.... All the best for your life ! :D :)

Note that u could still stay with us ;) :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts