Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:07 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
Lepium - I think that may be something that only happens to H/S/W admits, I've never heard of that happening to people at schools outside of the very top. That's pretty awesome though, I'd love to be "courted" like that. Would you consider consulting?

Well, I think it should also include K admits (I got into H and K and got invited twice by McK - I didn't get into either S or W). Or maybe it's only a strategy to court people from my country to actually come back home and work there, as most stay abroad.

I would consider consulting, although I don't like the hours and could be ok-ish with the travelling for some time. I think consulting would be a nice platform for entrepreneurship.

L.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's pretty darn impressive Lepium. I highly doubt HBS would disclose personal information about their prospective students so early. This must have trickled down through the alumni network somehow.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I haven't heard of anything like that. I guess it's either related to the schools that you were admitted to, or the businesses in your country. I wonder how they got a hold of your admit information - or perhaps they are working of GMAC data or something like that and just interpolated.

Through Darden's admit website we had some access to a GE rotational program offered this summer. I believe this program is considered one of the best around for people that want to go into general management or would like to join a huge company. I also saw that about 25 top companies were hosting events through the Forte foundation for women, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to partake on account of I'm not a woman. Other than that, I haven't heard from anyone about similar events.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
I haven't heard of anything like that. I guess it's either related to the schools that you were admitted to, or the businesses in your country. I wonder how they got a hold of your admit information - or perhaps they are working of GMAC data or something like that and just interpolated.

Through Darden's admit website we had some access to a GE rotational program offered this summer. I believe this program is considered one of the best around for people that want to go into general management or would like to join a huge company. I also saw that about 25 top companies were hosting events through the Forte foundation for women, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to partake on account of I'm not a woman. Other than that, I haven't heard from anyone about similar events.

Neither have I... I have attended the K's admit weekend and talked to several Consulting club members. Besides, I am very much in the M/B/B circle with several friends in all the 3 companies... I have not heard of anything like that at K. They would have atleast pinged me if they had something like that officially at K (through K).

Originally posted by sm176811 on 27 May 2007, 01:16.
Last edited by sm176811 on 27 May 2007, 03:08, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I thought it was a common practice :oops:
Based on your feedback, my theory is that the home office of the companies are using the opportunity to meet us now, since they probably won't be travelling to get face time during on-campus recruiting.

The reason why I don't subscribe to the schools theory is that I got 2 invites from McK, and most likely those were related to my H and K admits. Since sm didn't get invited and he's in at K, I think it must be something restricted to my country.

L.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
Based on your feedback, my theory is that the home office of the companies are using the opportunity to meet us now, since they probably won't be travelling to get face time during on-campus recruiting.

The reason why I don't subscribe to the schools theory is that I got 2 invites from McK, and most likely those were related to my H and K admits. Since sm didn't get invited and he's in at K, I think it must be something restricted to my country.

L.

Have you been in contact with any other Argentenian HBS alumni or current students since receiving your admit? Clearly, the word would spread pretty fast when only a handful of your fellow citizens kick open the crimson doors each year. McK and BCN wouldn't have access to your matriculation info until after the first year class has crystallized and an online portfolio is made available (usually in the late summer at the earliest).

If you didn't talk to anybody, then we could surmise that McK n' such must have an inside lead. That's not a very comfortable feeling when it comes to protecting you and your fellow colleagues personal information. What else do they know?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
Have you been in contact with any other Argentenian HBS alumni or current students since receiving your admit?

There's a McK guy (sponsored by McK) who's currently a 1st year and, yes, I've had some conversations and interchanged contact details with him.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:

L.

I've gotten a few invites (but only one per company :-D).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:

Vanderbilt admits had access to that GE program as well, I recall a few members of the admissions staff discussing it during the Welcome Weekend. I didn't bother with it as i'm not interested in general management, but it seemed like a great opportunity for those that are.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
dukes wrote:
I've gotten a few invites (but only one per company :-D).

That's because you got into so many schools that by the time they saw your name 10 times in their spam list they figured it out... :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]