Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions. This is certainly going to help me a lot.

I am now preparing a schedule for a mix of 'reach' and 'realistic' applications in R1 and R2. I am also weighing my options that can add to my profile by the time I apply. Thanks once again.

You're welcome.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul,

I had shortlisted MIT Sloan as one of the 3 R1 schools where I was applying. But, I have been hearing that MIT Sloan is almost impossibile for Indian applicants from the technology field (I am from Telecom). Is that correct? Will I be almost wasting my application effort if I apply to MIT?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
Paul,

I had shortlisted MIT Sloan as one of the 3 R1 schools where I was applying. But, I have been hearing that MIT Sloan is almost impossibile for Indian applicants from the technology field (I am from Telecom). Is that correct? Will I be almost wasting my application effort if I apply to MIT?

mNeo,

I would be surprised if MIT's percentage of Indian and South Asian admittees has dropped off at all. If the odds are "almost impossible" this is more likely because more Indian applicants may be applying there (I don't know). But this increased competition is something you'll face at all of the top schools, so I wouldn't base any application decisions on it.

Good luck,
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]