Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Re: 710 (Q 46 V 41) [#permalink]
enigmata wrote:
Just wanted to add my 0.02 in case it helps anyone out. I've lurked in these forums for the past week and have appreciated the helpful tips from those who have already took the GMAT :-)

I spent a total of six weeks studying for the exam, while working 8-6pm Mon-Fri for each of those weeks. I probably got in around 18 hrs of study time per week, more or less. All of the material I used was from the Kaplan Premium Online course. My first diagnostic (paper) was a 620.

Diag scores were as follows:
CAT 1: 680
CAT 3: 710
CAT 4: 630
CAT 5 (UPT at test center): 730

GMATPrep 1: 640 (about 2 weeks before)
GMATPrep 2: 720 (1 week before test date)
GMATPrep 1 (reinstall, 24 hrs before exam): 690

I felt that the GMATPrep scores were the most predictive of how I actually did on exam day. Though, I actually didn't get much sleep the night before... probably fell asleep around 3am and woke up at 6am to go to the test... but still turned out ok.

If there are any questions I'd be happy to answer them. Good luck everyone! :-)

Were you nervous? Did the last GMATPrep shake your confidence?

I hope I do as well (or better!) than you; as we have a similar progression in CAT scores. Wish me luck!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good work!! That's impressive considering you got only 3 hours of sleep! that's why I signed up for an afternoon shift. I'm NOT a morning person!

I will probably take some sleeping pills the night before to get a good night's sleep. Wake up and leisurely watch some TV, do a few problems from each section, and eat and hydrate correctly. Then go and kick some butt! :P
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
Good work!! That's impressive considering you got only 3 hours of sleep! that's why I signed up for an afternoon shift. I'm NOT a morning person!

I will probably take some sleeping pills the night before to get a good night's sleep. Wake up and leisurely watch some TV, do a few problems from each section, and eat and hydrate correctly. Then go and kick some butt! :P

yeah - i am an insomniac someteims (especially if anxious) so i have lunesta. it works like a charm but leaves you a bit hung over.... i don't want to take any the night before, but i know if i don't i won't fall asleep.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah, I get "hung over" if I take it and can't get at least 9-10 hours of sleep. So I'm taking it Thursday night, and sleeping in till 11am or something, eat lunch, relax, do some problems, relax, go to the test center, and be very aggressive.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I didn't plan to get only 3 hours of sleep, really. I went to bed at 10pm but stared at the ceiling for what must have been half the night. If I had the chance to schedule my test in the afternoon, I would have done so... I felt so rested when I took my UPT at around 5 in the afternoon. Sleeping pills would have helped... gotta love what they do to GABA

The last GMATPrep did shake me a little bit, but I felt better after reviewing it since I made a lot of careless mistakes. I wasn't that nervous when I took the exam... I just felt that I had to do it.

The verbal section was probably the most draining of the exam for me. I took both breaks in the exam and ate some granola bars in between, but still felt like I was going to pass out halfway through the verbal. Quant didn't feel too bad, but looking back I think I spent too much time on a few select questions and had to rush some others.

Some background info - I'm a second year med student planning to apply for the md/mba program at my school. This didn't really help me for the GMAT, although I got one RC on clinical trials that wasn't too bad. :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
considering you got a 41 on the verbal, you did quite well! =)

Good work, and you definitely made me feel better about taking the test now!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts