Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am in for Cornell and will probably apply R2.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
I will be applying to Cornell in R1.

710 GMAT
3.6 GPA

I have heard good an bad things about Ithaca, but it's a great school. My wife and I can get through two years in negative temps and butt deep snow.
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
[#permalink]
one more suitor for Cornell :wink:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm applying to Cornell. Is their application available yet? I started one and realized it was for fall 07.

29/6yrs exp at matric

I can put up with 1 year at Ithaca (we all know 2nd year is just fun time, esp if a job offer is secured). It's a gorgeous campus.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey, guys, I just left Ithaca after living there for 5 years. I loved it and am actually homesick. While I ultimately didn't decide on the Johnson school, I feel I've learned a lot about the place and did quite well on the application - I was admitted just days after submitting my app, was waitlisted for the Park Fellowship and was offered a substantial scholarship as a consolation prize.

So if you've got Ithaca questions, I am happy to comment and can probably help a bit with application questions as well.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Your avatar is kinda confusing, though :)

Everytime you talk about Duke, I say to myself, "Ohhhh yeahhhh .. she's going to Duke, not Cornell"
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
Your avatar is kinda confusing, though :)

Everytime you talk about Duke, I say to myself, "Ohhhh yeahhhh .. she's going to Duke, not Cornell"

Yeah, I know. I thought about changing it, but I really am homesick and thinking about Ithaca a lot. I am even shopping at Wholefoods, which I don't like, because it reminds me of the co-op I used to shop at in Ithaca. Pathetic.

I tried to change my profile info to include my matriculation at Duke, but for some reason it doesn't show up. I may post a lot, but a tech-y I aint.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cornell is kind of my dream school right now, but I don't think I can justify the cost if I get in without a scholarship. I love the area the school is in; I'm not a big city kinda girl.

Female
24 years old
710 GMAT
3.5 GPA
A bit lacking with the full time professional post-grad work experience.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
I was admitted just days after submitting my app.

Does this mean that you were admitted w/o having to interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kavet83 wrote:
Cornell is kind of my dream school right now, but I don't think I can justify the cost if I get in without a scholarship. I love the area the school is in; I'm not a big city kinda girl.

Female
24 years old
710 GMAT
3.5 GPA
A bit lacking with the full time professional post-grad work experience.

If you are an international, Cornell has the citiassist (citibank) loan that one can get without having a US co-signor.

I believe very few of us, if any can actually support full costs on our own ..
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

Oops, you're right. I tell you guys, it's amazing how these details sort of get fuzzy once you've moved on. I would never have believed it 6 monhts ago, but it's true.

Anyway, let me rephrase. I got the interview call just a few days after submitting my application. And then within a week or two after the interview I was accepted. Sorry about that. Truly no intention to mislead.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmat_march wrote:

If you are an international, Cornell has the citiassist (citibank) loan that one can get without having a US co-signor.

I'm not international, just from the good ol' US of A. I know that getting loans wouldn't be a problem, but I don't think that for me personally I can justify that much debt for this school. For me, I just don't think it would be worth it. But hey, if they want to offer me a scholarship, I just might consider going.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
kidderek wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

Oops, you're right. I tell you guys, it's amazing how these details sort of get fuzzy once you've moved on. I would never have believed it 6 monhts ago, but it's true.

Anyway, let me rephrase. I got the interview call just a few days after submitting my application. And then within a week or two after the interview I was accepted. Sorry about that. Truly no intention to mislead.

Either way, that's a pretty quick turnaround on your application.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
kavet83 wrote:
gmat_march wrote:

I'm not international, just from the good ol' US of A. I know that getting loans wouldn't be a problem, but I don't think that for me personally I can justify that much debt for this school. For me, I just don't think it would be worth it. But hey, if they want to offer me a scholarship, I just might consider going.

You want the Park Fellowship, all the way. it's like being a scientist...they pay tuition and then give you some financial love to live on.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
kavet83 wrote:
gmat_march wrote:

You want the Park Fellowship, all the way. it's like being a scientist...they pay tuition and then give you some financial love to live on.

That'd be awesome, unfortunately I doubt I'd even be considered. But I can dream right?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Online Application form [#permalink]
Is anyone else having problems accessing the online application form?
When i click 'apply onlne/login', I get redirected to another site saying i'm not authorized to view the page.

Wondering whether this is because the 2008 application is not ready yet, or due to some security setting on my computer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMAT: 700 (re-taking in September)
GPA: 3.3 overall...graduated in 3 years, bad first year, dean's list for the last 4 semesters
WE: 3 years working for family business. Manage 3-4 people on 2nd largest healthcare account and also direct IT operations
Extras: Blue/Gold (provides opportunities for the cognitively disabled) and KinFolk (provides free laptops and internet to seriously ill children in hospitals and homes)

R1 applicant
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  43