Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanx So is Kaplan really helpful because I heard Manhattan Prep is Good also. It doesn't matter the price, i just want to assure that I'm getting the help i truly need.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I went through Princeton Review's online course and it was great. Very helpful, and the materials are different than the ones you get at the bookstore. I would highly recommend them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Crazy Horse...I too am thinking of signing up for the PR Online course and am comparing it against Kaplan's course.
How were the lessons and more specifically how well did you feel that the lessons were tailored to your strengths/weaknesses after you took the initial Diag.

I took the GMAT a few wks ago but didnt do very well despite scoring in the mid 500's on my practice tests so I just want to get back up to that level.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, the PR lessons are totally tailored to your performance. They change as you go through the course, as you improve (and hopefully not get worse, LOL). So it's very personalized. I mean, you can use any of the tools any time, but having it customized is really helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Kaplan or Princeton Review Prep Courses? [#permalink]
hello, on forum its written that if i purchase kaplan premium book, than i can buy 6 CAT tests for 30$, has anybody bought this book? and how does it give you option to buy tests for 30$? is there any promo code in the hard copy of book, or do i receive something in online?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V39
Send PM
Hi!

I recently took the Kaplan live online course PLUS, I had a great experience. I was able to raise my score about 60-80 points from my initial practice test. However, that is not good enough for the schools I want to get into. I went from a 570 to 650 (official), but on my practice tests, the highest I score was 680. I think this may have been due to test day jitters, I was freaking out the morning of.
Anyway, I heard that Kaplan is good for the average student, I wish I had known this before I purchased it. After completing my Kaplan course and taking my test, I did some research and found soooo many good things about Veritas prep and that it is aimed toward students trying to reach the 700+ side of the spectrum. I just enrolled in the Veritas On Demand course today. I was thinking about getting the live course, but that is a set 3 hours for 2 days a week. I have already taken a live course with Kaplan, so I did not go that route this time. The on demand apparently has the same lessons and everything, the only thing different is the live instruction.

Anyway, the takeaway for me was that Kaplan was great, but I still need more help getting into that top percentile I am aiming for. So it really depends on what your goals are.
What is your target score/schools? Have you taken a diagnostic? What is your current score?

Also do some research on "best GMAT course" or "GMAT course reviews", I saw Veritas come up at the top for the most part. I wish I had done that search before choosing the Kaplan course, cuz these things are expensive!

Good luck!

Tanusree
GMAT Club Bot