Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ozMBA, your story is kinda interesting. I think it'll be very very unfair to anybody if he (SHEs won't get dinged with that kinda score) gets dinged because of having a GMAT score in the low 700s. Giving Duke the benefit of the doubt, maybe the Indian / Chinese applicants who got in had as good experiences and progressions as you, and had a better GMAT score too?

As for the other admits from India having great GMAT scores, well, the sample taken from these forums (Or BW or admit411 or pagalguy) is still fairly small to form a conclusion. So I'd say to aurobindo and lanter (And others), "If you like Duke, apply. Then you can form your own opinion on whether they really are GMAT whores or not"
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ozmba2006 wrote:
Quote:
Hopefully that was not the only reason and they gave you some other areas to improve.

I am Honest, there was not even ONE RED FLAG raised! My work-ex, career progression and cross cultural experiences are far better than some one with just 2+ yrs work-ex from a Code factory in bangalore with a 760 to boast!

Essays -- They were reviewed by Rhyme, Duke R1 admits and Current students ...Didn't leave any room for Error!

It was not a RANT for getting DINGED...It was the Sheer Stupidity of the Schools to raise their Avg. GMAT Scores and asking to retake GMAT even if one has 90% percentile

Indian/Chinese GMAT Scores are helping the schools to balance the low scores from the under-represented minorities !

I was not saying that you were lying or questioning your integrity. It just seems silly from their part, not yours. I just don't like lumping everyone into the same ethnic basket. I am white, but being white from TN is different than being white from CA. It doesn't seem fair, but that is the system we live in.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think Duke is sort of notorious for mentioning that retaking GMAT might help (especially for desi's). I do know a persons Blog I used to follow, mention that Duke specifically asked him to retake GMAT to improve his chances. His score 720. He did apply again the next year without a retake and got admitted.

Anyone think that there will be negative impact because of the cheating scandal at the school? I did hear that a significant number of the students involved with international.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
dosa_don wrote:
Anyone think that there will be negative impact because of the cheating scandal at the school? I did hear that a significant number of the students involved with international.

Most of the students were international but I wouldn't think that would keep them from admitting people. During orientation they may make more of an effort to explain the "american" way of doing things. From reports it seems like there was confusion caused by cultural differences.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
In for the 1st round

Originally posted by zelmanov2005 on 11 Aug 2007, 15:42.
Last edited by zelmanov2005 on 14 Aug 2007, 08:13, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I was very surprised during my Duke feedback session when the adcom said that there were no concerns with the academic area of my application(gmat + gpa). My GMAT score at the time of the application was not close to 700.

It is interesting, how the feedback changes based on the individual.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am in for R1

Originally posted by nervousgmat on 14 Aug 2007, 07:47.
Last edited by nervousgmat on 15 Aug 2007, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good luck to all of you; maybe I will see you on campus come interview time.

AAu
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:

AAu

AAu, thank you so much for good wishes.

Is anybody able to access Duke online application? I could log in, but I am not able to click on the link "The Duke MBA : Application"

Is the application not available yet? or some problem with my browser or account?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am having the same problem...

aurobindo wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

AAu

Is anybody able to access Duke online application? I could log in, but I am not able to click on the link "The Duke MBA : Application"

Is the application not available yet? or some problem with my browser or account?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
I am having the same problem...

aurobindo wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

AAu

okay..that means we are ahead of Team Fuqua :wink:
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great news!
The on-line application is now up and running!!!
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
They want to know the DAY that I started college...ten years ago? How the hell am I supposed to figure that one out?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
[#permalink]
mba2010 wrote:
They want to know the DAY that I started college...ten years ago? How the hell am I supposed to figure that one out?

your school registrar should know
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
futuredukemba wrote:
I was very surprised during my Duke feedback session when the adcom said that there were no concerns with the academic area of my application(gmat + gpa). My GMAT score at the time of the application was not close to 700.

It is interesting, how the feedback changes based on the individual.

That's pretty good that you go feedback. I was WL up until a week ago, and they said that they will not be giving feedback.

What are your thoughts on the essays? Most schools ask reapps to do only one essay; Fuqua wants the 2 short, 2 long, plus a reapp essay I am glad R1 ends in November! Hopefully it will all be worth it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm trying to finish my app by the R1 deadline, if I can't finish it in time then I'll apply in R2.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm a bit confused by the supplemental materials form. Is the transcript request form only for people who haven't uploaded an excel spreadsheet or a scanned PDF? The instructions say that you don't have to submit an official transcript until you're admitted, but I'm confused as to why there's an official transcript form? Do you only have to submit the supplemental materials if you're actually sending in hard copies of something?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23