Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:18 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm planning on going to Chicago's September 28th event, but I might be sent out of the country for work. We'll see how that goes.

I'll visit Wharton and Ross after the R1 apps are submitted.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
R1 schools
Visit done for UC Berkeley.Will be visiting HBS, MIT and Ross in one crazy week in september.

R2 Schools
Will probably visit Wharton. Donno for sure. UCLA is just a 1 hour plane ride away.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Visited Chicago and UCLA.

Planning Columbia and NYU in mid September (will attend Columbia's session on September 6 at LA)

No plans to visit Cornell - too far out to visit the campus.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
[#permalink]
MIT and Chicago in the last week of sept

Wharton in first week of Oct
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Not sure. I don't have the time or money to visit anything further than a couple hour drive....so I'll probably be able to visit Yale, the Boston area schools, maybe Tuck or Cornell
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Might I suggest: If you dont have the funds for hotels or rental cars to team up with memeber and try to schedule visits during the same time. Also contact members are school groups that you plan to be apart of and ask them if they would host you for a night in exchange for dinner or coffee. Also they may need to visit your city during job or internship searches and need a place to stay. Make a new friend :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It's not really the lodging that's a problem, I have lots of friends all around the US and could probably find a place to crash, it's more the transportation. I can manage driving an hour or two, but driving further, or having to fly, would be difficult for me with my financial situation right now.

Also, I just started a new job a week ago and don't have any accrued vacation time, and don't want to ask for a bunch of time off the week I start.

Most of the colleges I'm interested in are fairly close though, it'd just be Chicago/Kellogg, Haas, and Duke that would be difficult.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
JJanders, flights to chicago on Southwest right now are very cheap. My wife and i got round trip tickets for 275 (total for both of us). Hotels on the other hand are expensive if you have decent standards and what to stay in the Loop area.

For anyone considering Tuck it is a easy to get to for anyone within driving distance but for anyone who plans to fly there a rental car is pretty much a requirement. Also don't fly to Boston, aim for Manchester, its a lot closer and a much easier airport to get in and out of. The end of September through much of October is also going to be an expensive time to visit if you plan on spending a night or two. Its peak volliage season so all the leaf peepers are up in the area. Though its probably one of the nicest times of year to visit.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
Haas: Visited already, and will visit ad nauseum in a few weeks time.

Stanford: Visited, but will do the same as Haas.

UCLA: Will visit 9/19, 9/21, and 10/8, hopefully meeting up with some students/alum around those weekends too.

Kellogg: Dilemma... might not have the chance to visit at all before I submit R1. Will try to visit first week of November on my way to a conference in the South. Otherwise, a student said he got in without visiting, and told me that if I talk to enough students and alum (whom he'll refer to me), and go to the Kellogg San Francisco infosession, I should be ok.

Anyone have better suggestions for Kellogg? Was looking at plane tickets from SF, $330 was the cheapest, leaving 6am on a Saturday in September and coming back 9am the next day... not sure if $330+hotel+car rental is worth a 1 day visit, when school is not in session.

October won't work because I'm visiting UCLA one weekend, have a conference the other weekend, and then boom, Kellogg apps are due...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have already visited Stanford. I am planning to choose my R2 schools based on my 10 days long trip to the east coast, when I am going to visit Columbia and Wharton (I am applying to both in R1), and Harvard, MIT, Tuck and Yale. A very tough schedule, I know! And if we get time, then my wife may want to informally visit NYU.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I plan to visit Tepper, McDonough, and GW...perhaps Wharton though I'm not really serious about applying there.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo, are you going to the STanford class visits and lunch with students?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Stern : Done , will attend the Diversity event in October if i get the invite

Yale : School/Class visit on Sep 17 - Fellow clubbers buzz me if you r planning to attend on the same day

Columbia : Planning to visit during October

Darden : Open House during October

May be Chicago later during R2......
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
mNeo, are you going to the STanford class visits and lunch with students?

Yeah, on 15th Oct. When are you (If you haven't already)?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Classes on the 9th, Lunch and Tour on the 19th (yeah, cutting it close). Probably won't add anything to my essays from the Lunch and tour since I'll be talking to students and hopefully hanging out with them before that date. It's just a formality to get my name in the admissions office.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Could any one the bay area californians tell me the best way to get from the Berkeley area to Stanford without a car? Is there any light rail or anything I can take (I don't know how far BART goes)? If it is impossible, I guess I might have to rent a car, but I'd rather not.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
bherronp: It'll take you roughly 2.5 hours and $10. There are two ways, but I'm only going to tell you the easier way.

Are you going on a week day?

From Berkeley:
- take the BART to Millbrae. Depending on which day you take it, you may need to transfer at MacArthur Station. So take any train from Berkeley that goes towards Fremont, San Francisco, or Pleasanton. At MacArthur, the parallel train should be on the other side of the platform (and tons of people running between the two trains), and make sure you get on the train to Millbrae.

- Once at Millbrae, get off, go through the BART gates towards the other set of tracks (don't go upstairs). That's the CalTrain area. Buy a ticket from the zone Millbrae is in (2 I believe) to the zone Palo Alto is in (Zone 4 I believe).

- Once the Train reaches Palo Alto, look for the Stanford "Marguerite" busses. They only run on weekdays. That will take you to various points on campus.

BTW, when are you coming?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3