Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
jjomalls,

Depending on the school, the admissions committee may not know how many times you've taken the gmat until after you're accepted. Some schools only ask for your highest score. Only when they accept you and ask for official records would they know. I'm of course assuming that you do not elect to send your scores to the schools before taking the exam. I've never done that because I always want to know how I performed before sending a school my score.

If it's any consolation, I have a friend at Harvard who took the exam 4 times before getting accepted. He ended up with a 700 from a 540. I also know someone who got into MIT with a 620. My highest score is a 630 but I want to be closer to the average for most schools, that way I know that I gave my application my very best. If I apply with my 630 and do not get in, I know that I will be sad because I would always think that I could have done better.

Hang in there.

Originally posted by Makky07 on 24 May 2004, 09:54.
Last edited by Makky07 on 26 May 2004, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
jjomalls, didn't you take a prep class? Did it help?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Keep your chin up jjomalls...we will all do it together.
If you are planning to apply for fall 2005...my personal opinion will be to go for a third attempt...it can be third time lucky...right...!
If you do decide to go for a third attempt...then plan out accordingly leaving atleast 4 months for your reco's and essays.

Hope this helps.

Wishes,
Vivek.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Vivek. Are you planning to take it again?

The killer thing this time around is that I really dont know what I could have done better, aside from nailing a few of the really hard quant questions. Even had i done that, I dont believe I would have cracked 700+ thanks to the verbal.

Regardless, if you want to practice some more online and toss out some practice questions to each other, I am definitely game. I'm probably going to sign up this week to take it again during the first or second week of June.

Praetorian - what do you feel about taking it a third time? Any other suggestions at this point? I definitely dont want to lose my momentum...
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
jjomalls wrote:

Praetorian - what do you feel about taking it a third time? Any other suggestions at this point? I definitely dont want to lose my momentum...

Its a good question to ask Linda and MBA game plan. They are experts, a rookie like me can only give you advice based on my gut feeling

Tell them the entire story, your profile, your experience, leadership and other, community service, gpa, etc...i am confident you will get better advice.

other suggestions. i really only request you to continue prepping. dont take a break now. ok? if linda and gameplan say dont take gmat, then you can always stop. but starting prep. after a break can be very difficult.

Sincerely
Praet
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts