Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q50  V37
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just started a new job last week, like the previous poster said the ad com can't really fault you for doing what is best for you at the time, since you don't know if/where you will be accepted.

My recs will be from my previous supervisors as I've only been at the current place for a couple of weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am also going to be switching jobs during my application. it does tie into my long term goals but the challenge now is trying to describe a job i have barely started in my essays. also getting a reco will be tricker since the manager who knows you best is from your previous job.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
router79, jjanders.... me in the same boat as you - changed my job a few months ago now - are you guys even gonna try to get a reco from your present boss - I cant - its impossible - I'll probably be fired on the spot.

Do you think this weakens our apps?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
in some apps like chicago they ask you why you chose your recommender so i'm gonna explain how my previous manager could best evaluate me since i've worked with him for over 2 years. You might also be able to use the optional essay to explain it. i'm sure this isn't a unique situation. adcoms must see it all the time.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]