Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Added to the pants-pooping section too. Who cares if you are the only one posting here? You are interested in the school and you are tracking your progress here. It's upto others to join you here or not.

I think increasing traffic on elite and trans-elite schools is one area where the forum needs to focus.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
Added to the pants-pooping section too. Who cares if you are the only one posting here? You are interested in the school and you are tracking your progress here. It's upto others to join you here or not.

I think increasing traffic on elite and trans-elite schools is one area where the forum needs to focus.

I agree completely. I'm really surprised that some of the trans elite or elite schools don't encourage their alumni or current students to post on sites like the GMAT club or similar sites just to increase the visibility of those schools. Of course, they may not think along those lines, but I think if Emory could get more visibility on a global forum, like this one, it would have at least a small chance to increase their rankings and improve their applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
[#permalink]
Hey emoryhopeful...
I am in for Emory as well...But not yet started with the application... hopefully will make it for R1.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sumande, I am just now starting my application process as well. I'm hoping to finish by R1 also. What do you like about Emory that is making you want to apply there? What are your stats?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Cornell University
 Q48  V45
Send PM
[#permalink]
emory, figured I should respond to your question in this thread. I am still debating applying to Emory. I've heard great things, there seems to be a much better chance of scholarships than at top 10. But, I was really impressed with Vanderbilt, so I feel very comfortable with the thought of going there.

Other than that, I'm hesitating applying to Emory because the other applications I'm working on are already eating my brain...

How tough is their application?
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul, I've only just begun the application process and have briefly read over some of the essays. They really don't seem that difficult to me. Just some pretty basic topics. I'm more worried about my letters of recommendation than anything else. But, I think trying to make recommenders tailor to all schools is difficult enough.

I'm a little worried that I'm not giving enough time to my apps. I spend time doing extra's like playing soccer, coaching soccer, investment club and getting ready for my wedding in January, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools:Cornell University
 Q48  V45
Send PM
[#permalink]
emoryhopeful wrote:
Paul, I've only just begun the application process and have briefly read over some of the essays. They really don't seem that difficult to me. Just some pretty basic topics. I'm more worried about my letters of recommendation than anything else. But, I think trying to make recommenders tailor to all schools is difficult enough.

I'm a little worried that I'm not giving enough time to my apps. I spend time doing extra's like playing soccer, coaching soccer, investment club and getting ready for my wedding in January, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Hmm...emory, in many ways we are living parallel lives. I'm getting married in October, so my goal is to get all the apps done by the end of September so I don't have to worry about it close to the wedding. Also, soccer occupies much of my available free time. One difference is wherever I apply, it's going to involve a big move for my fiance and me, b/c Oregon doesn't quite have the types of programs I'm looking for.

Interesting point about having recommenders tailor to the school. That's something I haven't focused on much. Rather, I'm hoping the recs will support the points I make in my essays.

I'm looking at the Emory essays right now and they seem reasonable. It's a tough decision whether to apply or not. Have you started getting letters from schools offering scholarships based on your GMAT score? If I got one of those from Emory, plus the application fee waiver, that'd probably do it. But they seem to be a strong program, so I'd guess there's nil chance of that happening.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul, I have not gotten anything in the mail regarding scholarships or even advertisements for programs just yet. I only took the GMAT on August 25th, so who knows there.

Best of luck with your wedding plans. I wanted to set our date for October, but we're getting married down in Florida so we shied away from hurricane season. Now I'm hoping to have all my apps done by the wedding, and even hoping some decisions are in before then. I really don't want to be thinking about B-school while I'm on my honeymoon.

I really haven't considered moving out of Atlanta that much for school, although it is in the back of my mind. I just moved here a year ago for my fiance. I quit my job and moved here without any work lined up, just for her. So, unless she's really willing to leave Atlanta, I have a feeling I'm pretty tied up here.

Also, if you do end up coming to Emory, we're always in need of some quality players on my adult team. You'd have to give me a ring.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
Are the essays for 2008 same as 2007 I mean are the essay questions same as the ones listed below.

1. List one of your most significant professional or organizational accomplishments. Describe your precise role in this event and how it has helped to shape your management skills. Please limit your response to two, double-spaced, typed pages.

2. Please complete/address two of the following statements. Full-time candidates (Two-year and One-year programs) must compete/address choice F as one of the two options. Please
limit each response to one, double-spaced, typed page.
A. I have always wanted to…
B. My most memorable cross-cultural experience…
C. My family background is unique because…
D. The person who has had the greatest influence on my leadership style is… because…
E. The greatest lesson I have ever learned…
F. Of Goizueta’s core values (courage, integrity, accountability, rigor, diversity, team,
community), which value resonates most with you and why?

3. What do you expect to accomplish in the Goizueta Business School MBA program? How will your participation in the MBA program fit in with your experiences and responsibilities as well as your short and long-term career goals? Please limit your response to two, double- spaced, typed pages.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, if those are last year's essays, then 2008 is the same. Are you applying?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
emoryhopeful wrote:

yes I am applying there
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
One-Year essays [#permalink]
Has anyone written an essay for the one-year program, or know of a place to find helpful samples? All the samples I have seen are for the 2 year, so they do not address how to balance a compelling need for an MBA with doing it in the one year timeframe. Most essays I have seen are for career switchers. PLEASE HELP!
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
yogeshsheth wrote:
emoryhopeful wrote:

yes I am applying there

What are your stats, so I know my competition. :lol:
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Interview [#permalink]
Well, I have my interview set up for October 4th. I'm hoping to set up my class visit and stay for some of the social activities that Thursday afternoon. Anyone else have an interview or visit set up yet? Also, anyone going to the Super Saturday next week? I can't make it, so I was hoping someone would be able to give me feedback on how it went.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am applying for one-year MBA -Round 2

Originally posted by Ozmba on 22 Sep 2007, 11:38.
Last edited by Ozmba on 14 Nov 2007, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I went to the MBA tour in Atlanta last night, and wasn't very impressed. Of course, everyone there was wanting to talk to all the local schools, Emory, Georgia Tech, Georgia State, and Georgia. I got stuck talking to the admissions person for the night time MBA program at Emory and she was completely useless. She gave one line answers to my questions. She didn't know some answers and just seemed disinterested. I was a little miffed about it, considering Emory is my first choice. I had let her know that I already scheduled an interview, so maybe she thought she didn't need to talk to me much about the program, but that was very disappointing.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Is anyone going to Super Saturday this weekend at Emory? Unfortunately I'm going to be in Colorado, so I have to miss it. If anyone goes, please post, and tell how it goes.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11