Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1250 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools:University of Chicago, Wharton School
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fistail

The emphasis , as always, is on qualified PhD students. No promotion and tenure committee will reward mediocrity and as a logical consequence, will not hire mediocre students.

For the PhD student, after having spent 4 years toiling endlessly, the last thing he or she wants is just a job. Dont underestimate the importance of picking the right university. You have to like the place you go to with all your heart. Otherwise, you will be miserable for as long as you are there.

The list of current faculty at any school will give you some good idea if you will be hired there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1250 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools:University of Chicago, Wharton School
Send PM
[#permalink]
Praetorian wrote:
Fistail

The emphasis , as always, is on qualified PhD students. No promotion and tenure committee will reward mediocrity and as a logical consequence, will not hire mediocre students.

For the PhD student, after having spent 4 years toiling endlessly, the last thing he or she wants is just a job. Dont underestimate the importance of picking the right university. You have to like the place you go to with all your heart. Otherwise, you will be miserable for as long as you are there.

The list of current faculty at any school will give you some good idea if you will be hired there.

Certainly I did not mean to say that having a PhD degree is enough for getting a tenure position at B-school or a job at Wall st. firm. But I definitely meant to say that there will be more opportunity available for the PhDs.

I happened to meet some of the MBA graduates who graduated during the 90s. They told me that many of them had 4-6 job offers and even some had 10-12 (wow unbelievable but it was confirmed by others as well). I believe it was because of more jobs available during those days. If more PhDs are required in future, certainly PhD holders will take benefit of few supplies but again the candidate has to be competitive.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4380 posts