Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Have any of you R1 applicants interviewed already? I just realized that the interview had to be completed before the round deadline. Scheduled one for the 9th of October.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm international applicant. So, look forward for phone interview after submission.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any reapplicants having problems with submitting their Tuck application?

Although reapplicants only require one CSQ, the system still insists that I have two CSQs... and I can't submit my application because of that. Anybody else having the same problem?

I've given an email to ApplyYourself and hope to get it sorted as soon as possible.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just spoke with Tuck again today, and since I'm in India I can't schedule an interview. I was hoping to be able to speak with an alumni or have the interview over the phone. They just said to write the reasons for not initiating an interview in the optional essay and that if they are interested they will contact me and schedule an interview. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
shmegs wrote:
Just spoke with Tuck again today, and since I'm in India I can't schedule an interview. I was hoping to be able to speak with an alumni or have the interview over the phone. They just said to write the reasons for not initiating an interview in the optional essay and that if they are interested they will contact me and schedule an interview. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

The same here. Was told to explain the reason for not initiating the interview in the application form.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
rrajiv wrote:
Have any of you R1 applicants interviewed already? I just realized that the interview had to be completed before the round deadline. Scheduled one for the 9th of October.

R1 or ED? R1 deadline isnt until mid Nov. So I am not stressing it yet. I think I am aiming for beginning of Nov or end of Oct.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Do I stand a chance? [#permalink]
Tuck is one of my dreamschools!!

My brief stats:

Undergraduate: Bachelors in Engineering (Computer Science) form University of Madras, GPA: 3.3/4.0
Graduate: Master of Science in Computer Science from Johns Hopkins University, GPA 3.67/4.0
GMAT: 690
Ethnicity: Asian Indian

I have 10 years of experience in software consulting at various levels, and currently, I am a team lead at my present job. Most of my professional experience has been in the US and Australia and my employment has spanned from start-ups to fortune 100 companies. I also have a considerable volunteering background. I have volunteered with Byteback, an NGO in Washington DC, teaching computer skills to people in at-risk categories. I also have worked as a team leader, coordinating relief efforts during the 2004 Asian tsunami in India. Currently, I am coordinating some education projects in India through an NGO called AID-India.

Do you guys think whether I can offset my less than stellar GMAT scores and undergraduate GPA by highlighting my volunteering background more? Honestly I can speak more about my leadership abilities in the non-profit organizations I have volunteered with more than my job. Is this necessarily a bad thing? Does tuck give any brownie points for extensive community service? :-D

thanks.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think schools tend to seperate work/extracurriculars from academics. If you come across as weak academically its going to be a challenge, especially since you dont come from an underrepresented mnority. You are not really weak academically, you are just slightly below avg. (Tucks around 710 and 3.4 if I recall) so in your case your experience and volunteering definitely can qualify you to get in.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Submitted... hope everything goes smoothly...

anybody else submitted their application yet?

Now I need to work on that biography for the scholarships..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
I think schools tend to seperate work/extracurriculars from academics. If you come across as weak academically its going to be a challenge, especially since you dont come from an underrepresented mnority. You are not really weak academically, you are just slightly below avg. (Tucks around 710 and 3.4 if I recall) so in your case your experience and volunteering definitely can qualify you to get in.

Thanks riverripper. That was a definite confidence boost for me!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
shmegs wrote:

This scares me.. Are all international applicants required to schedule an interview and visit Tuck beforehand.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just finished my essays, submitting this weekend. How is everyone else doing?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Also heading for this weekend.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am applying R1 not ED so I have until Nov. Good luck to all who are applying early.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
deadline is just about here

who did the EA round?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm in for EA, finished the app and essays just going over everything before submitting on Wed.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Submitted mine. Have got a mail with confirmation.
Guys, please, pay attention that Tuck' online application form says that all deadlines are 5pm Eastern Coast time.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29