Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton 2008 applicants [#permalink]
aurobindo wrote:
For outsider essay, can I write my experience as a non-drinker before I turned to drinking? :wink:

Lol, only if you include your Tavern experiences. I've sent out my final (hopefully) drafts for review...hope to finish up the essays this week.
Director
Director
Send PM
shmegs wrote:
aurobindo wrote:
For outsider essay, can I write my experience as a non-drinker before I turned to drinking? :wink:

Lol, only if you include your Tavern experiences. I've sent out my final (hopefully) drafts for review...hope to finish up the essays this week.

Even I sent my essays for review. But I don't think I would be able to finish up the essays even this month :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 324 [0]
Send PM
According to Wharton's Admissions Board, "not all universities award GPAs, class division, or class rank; applicants do not need to calculate any of these items if they are not reported by their universities".
Do you count your GPA regardless what Wharton says?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton (R1), MIT (R1), Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2)
 Q51  V41
Send PM
How is Wharton ranked for general management? I heard Wharton is more of Finance than general management... is this true?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
nick_sun wrote:
According to Wharton's Admissions Board, "not all universities award GPAs, class division, or class rank; applicants do not need to calculate any of these items if they are not reported by their universities". Do you count your GPA regardless what Wharton says?

So guys, is it preferrable to calculate GPAs (if your institution does not provide them in official transcript) or not to calculate them? Will the Admissions Board consider it unnecessary efforts if I calculate GPAs on my own?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
nick_sun wrote:
nick_sun wrote:
According to Wharton's Admissions Board, "not all universities award GPAs, class division, or class rank; applicants do not need to calculate any of these items if they are not reported by their universities". Do you count your GPA regardless what Wharton says?

So guys, is it preferrable to calculate GPAs (if your institution does not provide them in official transcript) or not to calculate them? Will the Admissions Board consider it unnecessary efforts if I calculate GPAs on my own?

I would say, do not calculate the GPAs. Everything I have read pretty much says that...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
How's everyone doing? I've basically finished the goals essay, outsider essay and failure are being tweaked, and essay 4 has been completed.
Director
Director
Send PM
shmegs wrote:
How's everyone doing? I've basically finished the goals essay, outsider essay and failure are being tweaked, and essay 4 has been completed.

I don't think I can manage recos for first round. Seems R2 is the only way out.

I guess I am also taking Learning curve as an excuse for postponing..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
All my essays are written and have been reviewed by my editor (i.e my stepmom who is a writer). I just have to go through them one last time and make final tweaks.

I've filled out most of the online app, have to go through that again and make sure it's perfect.

Waiting on one reco.....then I'm done! Will hopefully submit this week.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
My essays are pretty much done. Just waiting for copy editing from my brother (he's a writer).

My recommenders are very last minute people, so they haven't even logged on to the system yet. I'm giving them the two week warning tomorrow. I'm a little worried, but not really. They both understand how important this is for me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kripalkavi wrote:
nick_sun wrote:
nick_sun wrote:

I would say, do not calculate the GPAs. Everything I have read pretty much says that...

Thank you, kripalkavi! But maybe, in order to make the life of Adcom it is better to count GPAs and in additional information note that it was made for the purposes of making their lives easier. What do you think?

IMHO, the great evil in all apps are mindless/ reckless/ envious/ selfish recommenders :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
aurobindo wrote:
shmegs wrote:

I don't think I can manage recos for first round. Seems R2 is the only way out.

I guess I am also taking Learning curve as an excuse for postponing..

What do you mean saying "Learning curve"? Is it "studying school", taking courses in finance/ accounting or smth else? :) Why do we need to make excuses? :oops:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I just talked with my reco, had to explain the questions again and asked her to really explain not just say "he's great"...getting really worried now...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Schools:St Gallen, Cambridge, HEC Montreal
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Hello Wharton Applicants!

2 questions on Wharton Application:

1. I will take the GMAT shortly before submitting my application online. Therefore I will not have an AWA by the time I submit. Any ideas on what to report on the application?

2. Is it possible to be part of the Lauder/MBA program AND go on exchange to INSEAD?

Ludomone
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hello all, are there any reapplicants here? Are you guys applying in R1 or R2? Is there a preference for one over the other?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
aurobindo wrote:

It is therefore essential to make sure you stain the essay paper with bacardi and coke so the reader can smell it - that will prove that your essay is accurate and not a fraud! =P
Current Student
Send PM
Has anyone seen the email sent to recommenders? Does it include the questions being asked?

I pinged one of my recommenders last night and he said he'd finished writing all the sections but hadn't submitted. However, when I logged into my app, it says he hasn't started anything yet. I'm wondering if the questions were in the email or if he's perhaps working on the wrong application?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts