Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
I have to keep on telling myself that I shouldn't spend the time considering that right now, and I have plenty of time (and resources) after I get into some of them to decide.

The good thing about each school having pros and cons and not having a clear winner is that no matter which school you get into, you won't feel "devastated" because you didn't get into your top choice. :)

I completely agree. There's no reason for us to have a clear-cut winner at this stage. Why bother about a situation that will most probably not even arise? And if it does, then we will have sufficient time to pick a winner among the schools that find us worthy of admission. Kryzak is right that by not having a single "dream" school, you are saving yourself from devastation.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
I can understand kryzak's point of view about not having a dream school. However, just personally, I picked a couple of schools as my "Dream" schools, not only because I can only dream of them, but also because the "dream" school label motivates me constantly and gives me that extra bit of drive especially when working on my essays at the end of a 12 hour workday.

Any guesses on what my two dream schools are? ;-)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hrm... Ross and... Columbia?

My two "dream" schools are Stanford and Haas (duh), but UCLA is now joining the ranks. Wait, that means all three schools I'm applying to are dream schools ;)
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
ncprasad,

Umm .. MIT and Ross? or MIT and Berkeley?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
You didn't need a second guess.

mNeo wrote:
ncprasad,

Umm .. MIT and Ross? or MIT and Berkeley?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am of the opinion that for what I hope to do post MBA, any top program can get me there. If I wanted something very difficult to break into like private equity or venture capital then it might be more important where you go in terms of name. However looking at the companies that I hope to work in the hire from a large range of schools and I think my previous experience will be a very important factor.

For me fit really is going to be the most important thing, I want to enjoy my 2 years in b-school and feel like I am getting a lot out of it. I am of the mind that I will go to admit weekends for every school I get into. What will suck is if there is any overlap. I dont think I am a merit scholarship candidate but that could really be a deciding factor if by some miracle someone offers me something.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
All of my schools are dream schools, although I'm a bit freaked out about the selectivity of my choices (K, Columbia, Duke, Wharton, Haas) so I added a not-so-dream school for BU. I'm not very excited about it (but I could be after the recruiting event at the end of the month) but NEED to go to bschool next year.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
At the risk of sounding like I'm standing on a soapbox....

dosa_don wrote:
Same here :) I am applying to both K and GSB and I feel I like both the schools....a lot. Tough to choose between the two.

1. K definitely seemed more "touchy" and "friendly". GSB seemed more "professional" and not as much "fun" as K- This could be a positive or a negative depending on what you want.

I used to think this way. Suffice to say, while I agree the GSB seems more professional, I think you would find it is plenty fun. I can't speak to which is more fun - cause obviously I'm not at Kellogg - but I can speak to the fact that the GSB decidedly knows how to party..

Quote:
2. K seems to have a closer network- everyone seems to know everyone else. Did not seem to get a similar feeling at GSB. This could be because K is located on a campus and most people tend to live in the same neighborhood. GSB students seem to be spread all over the city.

Oddly I found the opposite was true, but for the same reasons. Since GSB students all congregate on campus they develop strong bonds and get to know everyone quickly. Since Kellogg students dont have to come to campus to study in groups, they seemed more dispersed.

Quote:
3. GSB facilities/building are AMAZINGGGGG :) but the neighborhood did not seem very impressive (not that it matters much). The Jacobs center is quite ordinary.

Agreed. The Northwestern campus is much nicer, but the GSB facilities are much better.

Quote:
4. GSB is the "hot" school and with momentum (as the adcomm repeatedly reminded us in the info session)

Indeed. See the EIU recent report.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
What about HBS? :)

ncprasad wrote:
I can understand kryzak's point of view about not having a dream school. However, just personally, I picked a couple of schools as my "Dream" schools, not only because I can only dream of them, but also because the "dream" school label motivates me constantly and gives me that extra bit of drive especially when working on my essays at the end of a 12 hour workday.

Any guesses on what my two dream schools are? ;-)
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, I am a big raiders fan. For us, winning a game is a dream. HBS is the superbowl. No dreams about HBS, it is just my throwaway app ;-)
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
ncprasad wrote:
Well, I am a big raiders fan. For us, winning a game is a dream.

:lol:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]